Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Private Practice next week

I was just thinking about the previews for next week.  I wonder if Charolette will end up pregnant....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Private Practice next week

• I was thinking the same thing.  Something like, she gets pregnant and it could be Cooper's or it could be the rapist.  Charlotte seems like the type that would terminate without a second thought, though.
  • Didn't they already have a similar storyline?  Wasn't Violet rapped in college and then she got pregnant and had an abortion?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Yes I was thinking they will do something baby related. Yet another person to now be damaged from a past experience.
  • That is the first thing I thought with all the baby talk - how terrible though. I was beginning to think I wouldnt watch anymore but this might have changed my mind.

• Ditto to Charlotte possibly being preggo. I was kind of upset that she didn't fight more or harder. You know how she's the b***** one that acts like a hardarse.

The way the previews look for next week gives me chills. So sad.

• image Belle101781:

Ditto to Charlotte possibly being preggo. I was kind of upset that she didn't fight more or harder. You know how she's the b***** one that acts like a hardarse.

Indifferent

And, you haven't even seen it. How do you know how hard she does/doesn't fight. 

• image cmh06:
    Didn't they already have a similar storyline?  Wasn't Violet rapped in college and then she got pregnant and had an abortion?

Yup. So I hope they don't use it again. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that she has issues with physical intimacy, or if she is hurt in such a way that makes conceiving/childbearing difficult.

• image tandrosoff:
    My mom and I's prediction is she isn't pregnant.. but because of the attack she won't feel comfortable with being intimate with Cooper and really won't want to try to have a baby... OR she suffered some sort of damage that could affect her having a baby... if she ends up pregnant by the attacker that will be reallllly sad... PP has become so much more intense the past couple seasons..

I bet this is the case...won't want to be intimate.

• Did anybody else gasp when she was attacked?? It seemed liked the episode was winding down and it was all calm and happy and then WHAM! WOW this show really messes me up....it is like Violet being cut open all over again.....I swear it took me 6 months to get over that scene. 

Yeah I think she will just be so messed up that being intimate again will be hard...especially because she has been made out to be such a highly sexual person...her and cooper were like having sex 3 time a day!

• Didnt he shove something in her mouth when he put his hand over it?  It looked like he did, which would explain her lack of fighting.  I wonder who it was?!  Crazy storyline.  Definitely forseeing physical intimacy issues.
    "I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind..."
    imageimageimage
    Recent Races:
    Chicago Half Marathon 9/11/11: 1:58:11 (PR)
    Race for the Cure 10k, Chicago 9/24/11: 51:52 (PR)
    ING New York City Marathon 11/6/11: 4:13:16 (PR)
  • Did I miss the episode somehow?  The previews I'm still seeing are that someone is attacked, they don't even really show who it is even though you can tell it's Charlotte yet everyone's talking like they've already seen it.

Visit The Nest!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image TheCrazy8:

Did I miss the episode somehow?  The previews I'm still seeing are that someone is attacked, they don't even really show who it is even though you can tell it's Charlotte yet everyone's talking like they've already seen it.

At the very end of last week Charlotte is packing up her stuff, walking out of her office, and she is attacked. The previews give a glimpse of how badly she is beat up.

I'm a little disturbed with all the "Why didn't she fight harder?" comments, though, because 1.) I think that if any woman were in that situation the decision to fight or not fight is completely up to them and should be judged by others and 2.) we haven't even seen the scene, and have NO IDEA if she fought back or not. 

::stepping off my soapbox::

• image MKESweetie:
    image Belle101781:

Ditto to Charlotte possibly being preggo. I was kind of upset that she didn't fight more or harder. You know how she's the b***** one that acts like a hardarse.

Indifferent

And, you haven't even seen it. How do you know how hard she does/doesn't fight. 

Team MKESweetie.

This comment about not fighting hard enough is horrific.

• image MKESweetie:
    image TheCrazy8:

Did I miss the episode somehow?  The previews I'm still seeing are that someone is attacked, they don't even really show who it is even though you can tell it's Charlotte yet everyone's talking like they've already seen it.

At the very end of last week Charlotte is packing up her stuff, walking out of her office, and she is attacked. The previews give a glimpse of how badly she is beat up.

I'm a little disturbed with all the "Why didn't she fight harder?" comments, though, because 1.) I think that if any woman were in that situation the decision to fight or not fight is completely up to them and should be judged by others and 2.) we haven't even seen the scene, and have NO IDEA if she fought back or not. 

::stepping off my soapbox::

Oh, thanks.  Guess I missed that part and like I said, all I see are the previews where they don't even really show who it is, you can just tell it's Charlotte.  I was so confused when everyone was talking like they saw at least part of it...but I guess they did! 

I also agree with the bolded part of your quote.  Unless you've been in that situation, how can you possibly judge the victims reaction?  And if you have been in that situation, why would you want to judge another victims reaction rather than just being sympathetic (yes, even if it's just on a TV show, since it's something way too many people can relate to)?

Visit The Nest!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Muse & ThecCrazy, thank you both! I was starting to feel like I was alone in this, and some of the comments around here are so offensive. I'm happy to know there are others that see things the same way I do.