Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Activities for a work party?

My husband is in charge of planning his work party which means I'm in charge of planning my husband's work party. So I'm coming to you guys for ideas. 

Last year we went to a Walleye's game and dinner. Another year we did a mystery theater train. It has to have a dinner and an activity. Nothing too outrageous because the company is paying for it and it's a small company.

So any ideas? What is there to do in/around toledo for a group. There are about 10 employees plus spouses/SOs.

Thanks for the help. My husband's coworkers thank you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12

Re: Activities for a work party?

• What about going to either a UT or BG basketball game and having dinner before?  There are plenty of great places close to BG, and there are some good ones within about five minutes or so of UT.  

Would going to the Lights Before Christmas be able to count as an activity?  I haven't been there in years, but that would be fun (as long as the weather is decent enough).  

Just after Christmas the Harlem Globetrotters will be at the Huntington Center.  That might be fun too.  

Dinner and a comedy show at the Funny Bone or Connections may be fun as well.  I know we have had a great time at either place.  If you do Funny Bone though, make sure you eat there as well.  Last I knew, they had a requirement that everyone at the table had to buy two things.   

That's about all I can think of for now.  Good luck! 
    Our baby girl!!
  • CJ has some AWESOME ideas.

There is also TMA. They do it's Friday.  I know they have wine tastings and stuff too.

Maybe check out dotoledo.org for some inspiration.

On a zany wacky thing they do shows at Ritter Planetatium and we went with my IL's and it was really fun.  Afterwards you get to go on the roof and look out the telescope.  I know on the first Friday's/Saturday's of the month you can look out the bigger one but the refracting one is cool too!

What about seeing the symphony or a show?  What does village players, Toledo rep, Toledo ballet....I know Toledo ballet is doing nutcracker near the begining of december

• You could also rent out a room where you have dinner and do a Wii tourny.  We had  a ton of fun at work doing that at our spring work party.  We just did it at the office though.  We did Sonic at the Olympic games