Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

International travel question

This is our 1st AI trip out of the country! Anything I should pack or not pack? Something I need to do that I might be forgetting?

Re: International travel question

• I can't think of anything.  Maybe some imodium or Pepto just in case you get a little bug in Mexico.  And your passport!!!  And lots of sunscreen, take it from my husband who didn't think he needed to reapply when we went there, he got FRIED!!!  LOL
    Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Did you buy special sunscreen? We are planning on doing the Tulum & XelHa tours. I read somewhere you needed special lotion. I went to Walmart and didn't see it. I don't know where else to check. I wonder if it will expensive down there! Did you do the tours?
  • image Ron*N*Kel:
    Did you buy special sunscreen? We are planning on doing the Tulum & XelHa tours. I read somewhere you needed special lotion. I went to Walmart and didn't see it. I don't know where else to check. I wonder if it will expensive down there! Did you do the tours?

According to my brother & SIL, sunscreen is VERY expensive down there.   Like $25 for a small bottle.  I'd definitely bring lots of that!  

I've also heard that other 'convenience' type items are pricey there - pepto, batteries, etc.  So make sure you take plenty of all of that!

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Sundries (like sunsreen, etc) can be pretty expensive. I always hate it because I never like to check my baggage, but with the liquid limits to take on a carry-on I give in. Have fun!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When we were in Mexico...a lot of the preserves will ask you to wash off any lotions you have on and use their special environmentally safe lotion instead.  We did that...and their lotion is expensive and we got so burned it was crazy! 

So the next time we went, we lotioned up ahead of time, and just told them we didn't have any on. Enjoyed the parks and stayed burn-free.

FYI.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Thanks for the tip! I will do that.
  • Totally not related to what you need, But pack your lotions/hair care etc in a plastic bag in case something explodes etc.  You'll be happy you did =)
    LilypieBR>Lilypie

Face image
    "Cheese!"
  • You're going to Mexico, yes?  Okay, customs have been terrible the 4 times I've been to Cancun, and they've even updated the airport a ton since I first went 11 years ago.  I would HIGHLY recommend going tanning if you have time and getting yourself a good base on your skin before you get there.  If you go without a base, you will fry, even in the winter months.  Try super hard to make a detailed checklist and not forget anything because they sell pretty much anything you'd ever need at resorts but everything is extremely overpriced.

As far as excursions go, they are pricey but worth it.  You can only bum around the pool for so long. ;)  We have done the Tulum ruins, this cool 3-location snorkeling one, horseback riding on the beach/in the water, and Xel-Ha.  One we INSIST that you consider is Xel-Ha.  We do it every time we go, it is absolutely gorgeous and is not to be missed. :)  You'll need biodegradable lotion for Xel-Ha which is pretty tough to find here, at least it was last time we went 2 years ago.  We've wanted to try the zipline as well.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

*Arianna & Matthew*
    July 26, 2008- The Best Day of Our Lives

3 years married already??

Wedding "Highlight" Video from our Reception!
    Wedding Planning Bio!! My Married Bio!!

• Thanks! Yes we are doing Xelha & Tulum. We are doing some joint package! Where do you stay while in Cancun?  My dh has been harping on me to go tanning and I never did. :( I am so pale that tanning really does nothing for me. I have some SPF50 so I will keep that on at all times. Interesting about customs. We will see how that goes.