West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Do not use Bob's Carpet Mart!!

We are getting wood floors installed upstairs in our house and the workers have been here since Tuesday at 8AM working. Today around 10AM a worker came downstairs to tell my mother in law (who has been sitting here while they are working) that for the last 3 days they have knowingly been installing damaged wood. He said he was sorry and that he felt bad and blah blah blah but that they were just doing what Bob's told them to do and that he was just feeling too guilty now and wanted to come clean. My MIL called Bob's and spoke with the salesman/store manager that we met with personally to find out that he has known about this!!! And he was even at our house LAST NIGHT to see how things were going. When we asked him WTF he was allowing this wood to be installed he admitted that he didn't want to have it torn back up unless he knew that they were going to get refunded for the wood and labor!! It was a huge ordeal with lots of phone calls and excuses but we are supposed to be getting the new wood next week directly from the company. We can't get our $5K deposit back so basically we are stuck with letting these scam artists continue to take even more money from us and waste our time. The wood has to be pulled up and then replaced. The worst part is the wood looks good so had these installation guys not said anything, we might never have known that we paid for damaged wood! It just pisses me off!!! 

I feel a little better now! I just want these floors done. It was supposed to be done next Tuesday. Now it is going to be at least another week from then. ughhhhhhhh 

Re: Do not use Bob's Carpet Mart!!

• That's awful. What was damaged about it? Let us know how it works out.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • My mom had issues with them too.  The carpet she found seemed like a great deal until the installed it.  Instead of nailing it into the floor with a nice pad (she said she would pay for the nicer pad; apparently crap is the nicest they have), they glued it.  Now, when if she ever wants to take it up, she is going to have to sit and scrap the floor to get this glue off.  And the carpet hasn't even worn well.

I agree.  Stay away.

• Wow!!  That's ridiculous.  I'm glad that the guy came clean!
    Photobucket Kennedy Aleise 2/19/11 Life As We Know It
  • Yikes - I'd be pissed.
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    image image image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's who we used for the carpet in our living room that was basically apartment quality and we had them replace it.  Total nightmare, never using them again for anything.
  • That is unbelievable. I am so sorry you have to go through all that!
  • Thank God that installer came clean with you! I'd call the news station if it doesn't get handled/fixed in a timely mannner.

We are also getting hardwood installed next week (on the first floor) and we're going with Home Depot... so far, so good. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh no! That is sooo horrible srory to hear you are going through this & their horrible customer service!
  • That is horrible, I would be so upset.  I'm very protective about my money, I work hard for it, I don't want some shady business stealing it away. 
    This summer we replaced our carpet in the bedroom with laminate and we bought the supplies from them and installed ourselves.  Maybe they are just good for that.  We are going to do the other bedroom next month.  I was planning on going to Bobs for the supplies just for the consistency but maybe I'll go to Home Depot.  Let us know how it turns out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, I am so sorry Jessica. I would demand a refund or call 8 on your side. (is that the news channel down here?)
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• I would write the BBB about your experience. 

http://www.bbb.org/ 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image blondeG8Rbride:

I would write the BBB about your experience. 

http://www.bbb.org/ 

Yes

• image jen812:
    That's awful. What was damaged about it? Let us know how it works out.

There was some water damage to a bunch of the wood. Most of it you can't tell once it is installed, but it lays a little uneven in the parts where they put it.  

• image sara76:
    That is horrible, I would be so upset.  I'm very protective about my money, I work hard for it, I don't want some shady business stealing it away. 
    This summer we replaced our carpet in the bedroom with laminate and we bought the supplies from them and installed ourselves.  Maybe they are just good for that.  We are going to do the other bedroom next month.  I was planning on going to Bobs for the supplies just for the consistency but maybe I'll go to Home Depot.  Let us know how it turns out.

Another thing we found out was that the wood is .50 a sq foot cheaper at most other places. Just something to consider, you might want to price check. We didn't!  

• After talking to the president at the corporate office we decided to keep going with Bob's. I am sort of against this but we decided to let them fix their problem. They are installing the wood on our stairs for free so that is a start. I would rather get the deposit back and go somewhere else but oh well! Hopefully in another week or so this is all done!