Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you reading?

I'm spending the next week TDY so I want to get some good reading time in since I won't have K to interrupt me. LOL. What are you reading? I prefer fiction, light hearted, humorous, mystery, romance. Anything I don't have to get too deeply involved in. It's my break from thinking.

Ready....GO!

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/25tc21k.jpg[/IMG]

Re: What are you reading?

• I just finished the 13th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  I love those books.  If you haven't read them, you should.  They are super funny with romance, mystery, murder and such. 

I just got Eat, Pray, Love in the box of free books from Military OneSource.  I think I'll start that one next. 

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/160yf86.jpg[/IMG]
  • B&N is having a YA(Young Adult) Sale-buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.  The Luxe Series and The Hunger Games series are pretty popular on NBC.  Also Jennifer Weiner (chick lit) has a new book out--Fly Away Home and Nicholas Sparks has a new one out (Safe Haven).

As for what I'm reading--book 6 of Outlander which is heavy stuff.

• image iluvmytxrgr:

I just finished the 13th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  I love those books.  If you haven't read them, you should.  They are super funny with romance, mystery, murder and such. 

I just got Eat, Pray, Love in the box of free books from Military OneSource.  I think I'll start that one next. 

Stephanie Plum is friggin hysterical and I liked the beginning and end of EPL, but the middle lagged a lil bit.

ETA:  If you want something uber sappy I would also recommend Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet.  Vision in White is the first book.

• I just finished reading "Packing For Mars" by Mary Roach. She is the most entertaining science writer I have ever read, I reccomend reading that book as well as "Boink" and "Stiff."

Another book I read recently is the first in a new series by Janet Evanovich called "Wicked Appetite" and it was really fun and light.

• image danamh83:

B&N is having a YA(Young Adult) Sale-buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.  The Luxe Series and The Hunger Games series are pretty popular on NBC.  Also Jennifer Weiner (chick lit) has a new book out--Fly Away Home and Nicholas Sparks has a new one out (Safe Haven).

OMG he has a new book out? I looooove Nicholas Sparks! 

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/25tc21k.jpg[/IMG]
  • image buckeyebabe08:
    image danamh83:

B&N is having a YA(Young Adult) Sale-buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.  The Luxe Series and The Hunger Games series are pretty popular on NBC.  Also Jennifer Weiner (chick lit) has a new book out--Fly Away Home and Nicholas Sparks has a new one out (Safe Haven).

OMG he has a new book out? I looooove Nicholas Sparks! 

Yeah I saw it today while I was browsing on B&N.
  • Nora Robert the Bridal Quartet. LOVE them. The first 3 are out the 4 comes out in November. They are fun and light hearted.

I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks books so any of them I would recommend.

Jodi Picoult  writes some amazing books. The Plain Truth was really amazing. Handel with Care is fantastic. The Pact is good but really sad. Harvesting the Heart I loved. The only one I have read that I don't like is The Tenth Circle.

7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]

Same author as Charlie St. Cloud which I loved.

[img]http://tinyurl.com/4m5jvsf[/img]

"What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts."
  • image danamh83:

B&N is having a YA(Young Adult) Sale-buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. 

Is that in-store or online?

This week I had planned to re-read all the HP books, but my library only had book 2 and 5 so that idea is put on hold for a while.

Instead, I am re-reading "The Mortal Instruments" series. YA/fantasy/mystery.

If that sale at B&N is in store I hope to get "The Hunger Games" soon.

67/200
  • I'm reading Rant by Chuck Palahniuk.  I absolutely love his writing style
    Natural m/c @ 6 weeks - 3/1/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm starting Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella tonight.  It's the newest book in the Shopaholic series.  Quick, easy, lighthearted, funny reads. 
    Never trust a big butt and a smile. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just finished Trophy Hunt by CJ Box.  It's about a game warden in Wyoming that ends up solving murders.  It's the 4th book in the series of 8 I think.

I'm starting the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight. 

I just bought 3 Stephanie Plum books at Biglots yesterday, each one was $2.  So those are on my TBR pile.

• Princess.  A Saudi princess tells all about how awful it is to grow up as a woman in Saudi Arabia, even a royal woman has it bad.  I've read it before, but its really good.  I'm also reading a biography about Marilyn Monroe.  Super interesting.  
  • I'm not currently reading them, but the Tori Spelling books are easy, no brainer reads. Also, Chelsea Lately's books.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/5cy92q.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am currently juggling The Virgin's Lover and Corelli's Mandolin.

Love both.

Click me, click me!
  • image Maryboo247:
    image danamh83:

B&N is having a YA(Young Adult) Sale-buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. 

Is that in-store or online?

This week I had planned to re-read all the HP books, but my library only had book 2 and 5 so that idea is put on hold for a while.

Instead, I am re-reading "The Mortal Instruments" series. YA/fantasy/mystery.

If that sale at B&N is in store I hope to get "The Hunger Games" soon.

Online IDK about in-store.

• I love any and all Mary Higgins Clark books, they are great mysteries with lots of twists and turns and a fun, easy read.  I can usually get through her books in two days, I never want to put them down!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVED the Luxe Series! And her newest book comes out in a couple weeks - Bright Young Things (I think that is the name). The Book Thief was amazing. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games. Shiver and Linger are fun reads, cute, nothing ground breaking.  The Jessica Darling series - at least the first 3 books, I loved reading. 
  • image iluvmytxrgr:

I just finished the 13th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich.  I love those books.  If you haven't read them, you should.  They are super funny with romance, mystery, murder and such. 

This but I am only on book 10. I love them!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image iluvmytxrgr:

I'm interested in how you got set up to get a free box of books!  I'm wanting to start reading more and that sounds like a great way to do it on a budget :)  details? 

• image iluvmytxrgr:

I'm reading that right now. As the cover says, it's her journey through Italy, India, and Indonesia. I was with her in Italy, loved her experiences in Italy. 

I'm so ready for her to get the eff out of India. She is word vomiting about the same shizz all over each and every page. But I feel committed to the book because I'm halfway done. I was discussing it with my boss and a few other co-workers, they feel the same way.

Good luck! 

• I also am a HUGE Stephanie Plum/Janet Evanovich fan.  Definitely worth the time/money to read.

Right now I'm reading Dear John.  I've only seen Nicholas Sparks movies...have never read a book.

Also Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella is great.  Fast and easy read but fun. 

• BEB- I just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  What'd you think of it?  Or the trilogy as a whole?  I wish the author was still alive.

Now I'm reading Echo in the Bone but, like Dana said, it's not light reading at all.

The Hunger Games trilogy is YA so it's light reading but very interesting IMO.

I don't want to be on MSNBC, yo.
  • The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts.  Just finished the Three Sisters Island series by her.  My MIL has a TON of her books, so I snagged them from her.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image sgsl2009:
    I'm not currently reading them, but the Tori Spelling books are easy, no brainer reads. Also, Chelsea Lately's books.

love her books!

I'm reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker