Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How did you?

2»

Re: How did you?

• Roxy- adopted from local humane society.

Molly- found her last July 4th weekend outside my sister's house. She was in horrible condition, so she went to the vet and stayed there for a week before coming home with us. She was only supposed to stay until I could find a rescue or adoptive home, but that never happened. Smile She is my princess.

• M the corgi, came from some horse shoe people I knew(read BYB but didn't know better then).  I knew you didn't go to petstores but didn't understand good breeding, I was 20.

B the cat we found outside my husbands work, no one ever claimed him, and he grew on me so he stayed.

L my aussie, I looked for a rescue or adult breeder placement for 9ish months, after I lost my old girl who people were dumping and I took in.  I couldn't find a dog that i liked with the right build and drive in rescue, not to mention most of them flat out refused to adopt to me b/c of the raw feeding and minimal vac(my vet strongly disagrees with my choices).  I had posted on some of my list asking in anyone knew of a dog that would fit my needs, 2 days later I got an e-mail from a great breeder.  Weeks of e-mails an 9 hour drive each way to check her out, here we are.  I got 100x's the dog I was looking for and some great new friends and menotrs out of it.  The cherry on the sunday os she was already raw feed. 

I have to say, I have been very fortunate that I haven't had any major health isssues with M(just crappy teeth), and he has the drive to do agility when I got interested in that.  Dodged a bullet even with my stupidness then.