Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

what are good dog treats for puppies?

Re: what are good dog treats for puppies?

• Both of My pups love the popcorn cheese puffs, 

The toy poodle loves anything with Cheese, If she is outside she finds the pear tree and begs. Pears are great for fiber, Again you have to watch how many you don't want a constipated puppy Also she loves tomatoes. They make great snacks as long as the tomatoes are ripe and they don't eat to many. 

Our pit bull loves Anything peanut butter. The best for him are Kongs I stuff natural treats inside and top off with peanut Butter. I mostly use the crunchy stuff.  However, the best part is I have 2 kongs one small for the 6lb poodle and an large for the 55lb pit bull. They switch constantly it makes for some good laughs. 

For their skin I give them Fish Oil capsules also Brewers Yeast with Garlic. We heat with Oil and Wood heat so that tends to dry their skin out.  

Spring 2009 124 Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I give Zuke's mini naturals for training treats and also mix it up with Wellness or Blue Buffalo treats.  I also keep fruit frozen in the freezer and give him a piece of banana, strawberry, blueberry, etc for a little something special.  I also do the frozen Kong thing - usually with frozen fruit, some kibble, dried fruit and all layered with all natural chunky pb.  I like to mix things up with him treat-wise since he always gets the same food!
  • For training treats we used Charlee Bear's.  I'll also use whatever fruit/veggies I have on hand - cut up carrots, apple.

For non training treats, I like the Mother Hubbard biscuits and Wellness bars

• Keefe recommends Real Meat treats, Stella and Chewy's Carnivore Crunch, frozen filled kongs (I use some dairy, fruit, veggies, peanut butter, applesauce, etc), and then grain free biscuits by Northern, Cloudstar, and Sojo's.

For training, liver, cheese, and steak work well for us.

My sweet boy
    imageimage