Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Survivor (spoiler)

So, I was pretty bummed out that JJ got booted last night. Not only because I liked him but also because we lost a bet (LOL). I thought he had good leadership but he shot himself in the foot by admitting he was one of the "weaker" players on the tribe. (REALLY, Jimmy??) Anyone else think Marty is kind of an a-hole? We had a bet going with my sister and BIL; H and I picking one person and Sis & BIL picking a person and whichever person got booted first, loses and owes the winners dinner. Sis & BIL picked Marty. I begged H to pick somoene like Tyrone or Yve or Fabio but he had his heart set on JJ. So I told my sister that she can thank her BIL for this one.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/x200p0.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Survivor (spoiler)

• I couldn't believe that Marty and Jimmy T., got them all to vote off Jimmy J.  I was really bummed and I thought they just got rid of him too early.  

Also, Naonka has some issues.  I'm just so over her.  It's really embarrassing the hostility she exhibits against her other team members.  What kind of strategy is making everyone hate you?   

Don't worry, I'm working on it.
    Get it on!
  • I agree with OP that Marty is a a-hole! I told DH last night I hope the tribe members realize what he is doing and get him out. In all honesty I think Danny should have gone before J.J.

I missed the part where Naonka was fighting for the hidden immunity paper. But her attitude is horrible and I do not understand why anyone would want to form a alliance with her she is a flight risk.

Who let the dawgs out? image
  • image ClaireHuxtable:

Also, Naonka has some issues.  I'm just so over her.  It's really embarrassing the hostility she exhibits against her other team members.  What kind of strategy is making everyone hate you?   

ITA.  She is an embarrassment to herself.  She's so over the top though, that it seems like she's auditioning for her own reality show, or at least trying to make an impression, whether good or bad, on the tv audience.  Very stupid for Survivor though.  She'll be one of the next to go for sure.

• I was really sad to see JJ go, he was a good leader and he could have been a good strategist in challenges.  I don't understand why people are worrying about threats after the merge so early in the game, why not try to keep your team strong?  I thought admitting that he was one of the weaker players was a good move because obviously he is so why not stay honest?  I guess the team didn't agree though.

Noanka - what is with this woman?  I'm guessing but isn't she a PE teacher?  What parent would allow this woman around their children?  I know one person doesn't have the responsibility to be a role model for their race/ethnicity/career/home town etc etc, but does she really have to be such a stereotype of the "angry black ghetto woman"?

• image Bulldog_Bride:

I agree with OP that Marty is a a-hole! I told DH last night I hope the tribe members realize what he is doing and get him out. In all honesty I think Danny should have gone before J.J.

I missed the part where Naonka was fighting for the hidden immunity paper. But her attitude is horrible and I do not understand why anyone would want to form a alliance with her she is a flight risk.

At the end of the episode when my sister called to gloat, she said "yep, we picked the A-hole."

As for Na'onka, flat out, she's just a biittch!!!!! H and I were getting more and more angry every time they showed her in a testimonial, shaking her head around going off on every one of her team mates.  "Hey psycho - maybe Kelly B and Fabio don't like you, either!!!"  I'm surprised they dind't can her before Shannon or Brenda.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about threats this early on either; like a PP said, it's more about keeping the team strong - worry about post-merge threats LATER, like, say, AFTER the merge??!!

• My favorite part was Jeff (I think Jeff's always my favorite part!) when he told Marty that if the other players were asleep, why would he want to wake them up!?

For someone who's so intense about loving the game, he sure doesn't understand it at all. You don't teach sheep to be wolves! You just herd them. :)

Photobucket
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've had it with Naonka talking about Kelly and her one leg.  She is a horrible person and needs to get voted off ASAP!

I am was upset to see JJ go home.  I know he doesn't need the money but I believe he was a great leader for the older tribe.  I can't stand Marty either.  He's a complete a$$hole!

My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am horrified that anyone, but especially a TEACHER, would disrespect someone with a disability this way. I truly hope the school system recognizes that it takes more than a college degree to be a teacher. She is a poor excuse for a role model. When I think of all the kids out there watching and seeing this it makes me ashamed.  And I have always loved Survivor, but that they would cast someone like this really disappoints me.

And I agree with the others that the 2 men on the older tribe were jealous of the leadership skills of JJ.  The tribe was very foolish to vote off someone who could inspire them the way he could.  He might have been one of the weakest when it came to physical strength, but what he brought to the mental game cannot be matched. He was a true leader, I am very sad to see him go.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
    "Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown
  • image PnkBride:
    I am horrified that anyone, but especially a TEACHER, would disrespect someone with a disability this way. I truly hope the school system recognizes that it takes more than a college degree to be a teacher. She is a poor excuse for a role model. When I think of all the kids out there watching and seeing this it makes me ashamed.  And I have always loved Survivor, but that they would cast someone like this really disappoints me.

This is a good point. My husband (a teacher) asked me last night "What would you say if that was your kids teacher and you saw them saying that stuff on tv??"

Photobucket
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wait, Naonka is a teacher? Seriously? I must have missed that one. That is disturbing on many levels.

I just couldn't wait for her to stop talking in all of her interviews last night. She makes herself look like a neanderthal. 

I am sad JJ is gone, it was probably a good move in the long run, but was too early imo. 

• image angelfire0412:

Wait, Naonka is a teacher? Seriously? I must have missed that one. That is disturbing on many levels.

Yes, she is a gym teacher.