Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need Ideas!

I want to think of something for all the people on "Karen's Angels", my Making Strides Team, to carry, hold, during the walk. The idea of pink balloons with a note/memory to or about my Mom was an idea that I had. But I'm trying to think of a few more so I can make a decision. Any ideas would be greatly appericated.

If it helps my Mom loved Elephants and all sorts of colors, and chocolate. 

7/75
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Need Ideas!

• I like the balloon idea - that way you can release them after the walk. When we do Race for the Cure we always had feather boas, crowns and knee high socks (mostly because it made my brother laugh to see us looking ridiculous). Are you making team shirts?

• Also - Did your mom likes hats at all? You could look at some thrift stores for some of the big hats a la Kentucky Derby. You could decorate them yourself or leave them as is if you like them. :)
  • image ChristinaK1:

I like the balloon idea - that way you can release them after the walk. When we do Race for the Cure we always had feather boas, crowns and knee high socks (mostly because it made my brother laugh to see us looking ridiculous). Are you making team shirts?

I wasn't going to do shirts this year. I was just going to ask everyone to wear pink of some sort. But I love the sock idea! However I doubt the men in my life will agree to it but maybe I'll just pick some up for the girls. 

7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • image ErikandAfton:
    image ChristinaK1:

I like the balloon idea - that way you can release them after the walk. When we do Race for the Cure we always had feather boas, crowns and knee high socks (mostly because it made my brother laugh to see us looking ridiculous). Are you making team shirts?

I wasn't going to do shirts this year. I was just going to ask everyone to wear pink of some sort. But I love the sock idea! However I doubt the men in my life will agree to it but maybe I'll just pick some up for the girls. 

Have the guys go grab some soccer ones - then they are "more manly" looking.  

• Maybe buy those elephant wood items that go on plaques from Michael's (I can't think of what they're actually called) and hot glue some pins on the back so people can wear those on their shirts or shorts if they like. You could even write her name in there.

ETA: Also, I don't know when the walk is, but if you don't have a Michael's there and want me to pick some up for you and priority mail them out, I'd be more than happy to.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/5cy92q.jpg[/IMG]