Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Lick

Tell me about this steam mop.  When I google it, it looks big.  Can you use it on carpets and hard floors?  Linoleum, tile, hard wood?

The price on Amazon looks very reasonable.

Just curious since we'll have more house to clean soon.

I don't want to be on MSNBC, yo.

Re: Lick

• I'm intrigued as well. I'm considering asking for a Shark steam mop for Christmas, but I would love to know about the one you have!
  • I have a shark steam mop. I LOVE it. Mine isn't super huge and easy to tote around. My only complaint is the cord isn't super long.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/25tc21k.jpg[/IMG]
  • image buckeyebabe08:
    I have a shark steam mop. I LOVE it. Mine isn't super huge and easy to tote around. My only complaint is the cord isn't super long.

You can use this on all hard floors?  Including cheap linoleum?  

• image buckeyebabe08:
    I have a shark steam mop. I LOVE it. Mine isn't super huge and easy to tote around. My only complaint is the cord isn't super long.

I thought the cord was super long!  I can reach from the kitchen, through the dining room, entryway, hallway, and guest bathroom without unplugging it.  My house is only 1k sq ft though.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • It's really not huge. The unit itself is only probably eight inches wide and eighteen inches long. The hose is super long which is really nice as is the cord.

You can use it on all of the above mentioned floors and it comes with like eight different attachments for scrubbing and even an upholstery attachment that got coffee out of my car seat!  

It sanitizes and destroys mold and even cleaned out my 10 year old oven gunk!

• image buckeyebabe08:

I love my steam mop! But I feel like the cord is too long.

• image GracieLouFreebush*:

image buckeyebabe08:

You can use this on all hard floors?  Including cheap linoleum?  

Yes! We have super cheap linoleum and it works great.  Plus it even has a hard wood attachment.

• image Iwanttolickhim:

It's really not huge. The unit itself is only probably eight inches wide and eighteen inches long. The hose is super long which is really nice as is the cord.

You can use it on all of the above mentioned floors and it comes with like eight different attachments for scrubbing and even an upholstery attachment that got coffee out of my car seat!  

I like that yours does carpet too where the Shark does not.  Is it a PITA to steam the carpets in a large room (living room, etc.) since it's attachments vs. a push-vac style?

image Iwanttolickhim:

It's really not huge. The unit itself is only probably eight inches wide and eighteen inches long. The hose is super long which is really nice as is the cord.

I like that yours does carpet too where the Shark does not.  Is it a PITA to steam the carpets in a large room (living room, etc.) since it's attachments vs. a push-vac style?

I really can't attest to its carpet steaming abilities; I only have hard floors in my house. However, I do not find the attachments cumbersome when doing other tasks such as mopping and cleaning the bathtub and shower. 

• image MrsOjoButtons:

image buckeyebabe08:

I thought the cord was super long!  I can reach from the kitchen, through the dining room, entryway, hallway, and guest bathroom without unplugging it.  My house is only 1k sq ft though.

Maybe it's just the random and scarce outlet placement in my house.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/25tc21k.jpg[/IMG]

My Shark has an attachment so it glides on carpets.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • image MrsOjoButtons:
    image GracieLouFreebush*:

My Shark has an attachment so it glides on carpets.

Really?  Well this complicates my decision.  I'll have to do some more research!

• Lick, what is your steam mop since I seem to have missed part of a post somewhere. I really want a steam mop too and was thinking about asking for one for Christmas too.
    Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers