Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Buying a home gem

If these are the types of people who buy houses, then it's no wonder the market crashed.

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43200003.aspx 

image Mabel the Loser.

Re: Buying a home gem

• What a toolbasket.  Also, WTF is with "Ashun" for Asian? 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • ha, Christin slays me!

when we were buying a house 6 or 7 years ago or whenever, we were approved for 2X the mortgage as we ended up getting.  I cannot IMAGINE being responsible for 2X the house/mortgage right now.  We had our own limit and went with that.  It looks like banks/lenders have changed policies lately because they were so overzealous previously.  thank goodness.

• Tasty your sig pic *almost* made caramel latte shoot out my nose! 

Feel free to birth your baby tomorrow.  That way it will share a birthday with me - a totally random internet stranger! :-)

And yeah...we'd be in t.r.o.u.b.l.e. if we had bought a house for our approved amount.  Yikes.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ao51eb.jpg[/IMG]
  • image tastyburger:

ha, Christin slays me!

when we were buying a house 6 or 7 years ago or whenever, we were approved for 2X the mortgage as we ended up getting.  I cannot IMAGINE being responsible for 2X the house/mortgage right now.  We had our own limit and went with that.  It looks like banks/lenders have changed policies lately because they were so overzealous previously.  thank goodness.

Same here. We would have been in trouble if we'd ignored our own limit and gone with theirs. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • I often have to side eye others I talk to in the house buying process. Before Jason and me even looked for a mortgage we priced our limit not only principal but cost per month including home owners, taxes and flood insurance.

I found me dream home. Right now it is coming in about 100 more a month then we feel comfy with. It stinks but if we can work it down we have to walk away.To many people feel to entitled to do that. 

• So much of what I read on BAH annoys me.  People still don't seem to understand the realities of home ownership. 

Even in this 'conservative' environment, we would qualify for a mortgage that would make me very uncomfortable.  For this reason, we get a pre-qual letter specifically for whatever we are bidding on, and only up to our offer.  We don't want to tip our hand and potentially harm our negotiating stance.

image Mabel the Loser.
  • November, I wish we had done that. Our pre-approval letter is our very top price that we can really pay (still way less then we qualified for) but in reality we would like to spend even less then that. Now our Realtor has to white out the price when talking offers cause well otherwise we just dicked ourselves over.

I do wish there was a quality message board for home buying. The google machine as well as home buying for dummies and a few other books have become my best friends. I like people more (although they are often wrong)

• That's very wise of you, November. 

I honestly don't even know what we would have qualified for.  I told them the max payment I was comfortable with and had them calculate from there.  The fact this chick doesn't qualify for the loan she wants leads me to believe she's trying to buy way beyond her means. Because even in these conservative times, banks are still approving people for way way more than the people could realistically afford.

• The original number the credit union gave us would have ended up at almost 50% of our yearly income. The big national bank was even more.

Cali, did you guys just buy again or are you hoping to? I remember chatter about it but suck at details. 

• We bought at the end of April.