North Dakota Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: Showers

We're bunking at my IL's house for the week while our bathroom is being finished up, and the topic of shower times came up yesterday. Apparently my IL's are marathoners in the shower and can be in & out in 5 minutes. I just don't see how that's possible, but whatevs.
[Poll]

Re: Poll: Showers

• I put 15-20 but I really depends on the situation.  If I'm shaving, it's more like 30...Friday I washed my hair in the morning but wanted to shower before going out so that was more like 10 because I didn't shave or wash my hair again...5 minutes thought?  That isn't even enough time to get my completely hair wet.
  • image kingpepsisgirl:
    I put 15-20 but I really depends on the situation.  If I'm shaving, it's more like 30...Friday I washed my hair in the morning but wanted to shower before going out so that was more like 10 because I didn't shave or wash my hair again...5 minutes thought?  That isn't even enough time to get my completely hair wet.

I feel the same way. It takes me 5 whole minutes just to wash my hair because my hair is so long now. Sometimes I have to stand under the water for about 5 minutes just to wake up so I can start functioning, lol.

The only time I've taken anything close to a 5 minute shower is when I was camping and there was no hot water. It's amazing how clean you can get in 5 minutes when you HAVE to. hahaha.

• I have no way to answer this question b/c my times vary so much!  :)

If I'm not shaving, 10 minutes.  If I'm doing a quick shave (just below the knee), probably about 15 minutes.  If I'm doing anything more thorough (deep conditioner on my hair, exfoliating scrub, complete shave, etc.) it can take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.

Like Tammy said, I think it takes 5 minutes just to get my hair wet.   

Anniversary
  • With my long hair, I generally take up to 25 to 30 minutes or so... sometimes longer.  Shampooing my hair....then conditioning it... I leave the conditioner in for 5 to 10 minutes...so that's where most of the time goes!!

DH as well!  Geeze..he's like a woman!  He stays in the shower for at LEAST 20 minutes.  He spends longer than me sometimes even!  But...he spends 5 to 10 minutes soaking under the shower to wake himself up.  :)

Anniversary

Amazing NEW Blog :: Bio :: Current KK List

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I put 10 min but very often take less. It only takes me a full 10 if I'm shaving whole legs and I'll admit to only doing that about once a week. I scrub my hair and body very well. I only take longer if I've been freezing all day and need a hot shower to warm up or if I'm really dirty. Hey, I like to sleep. I'm on a tight schedule in the morning.
  • I'm trying to be "green" and do my part to watch water consumption.  My showers take between 3-10 minutes depending on what I need to do in there.  I try to get in and get out as quickly as possible but still take care of what needs to be taken care of.
  • I put 10 minutes because that is about average. If I have to shave it would be closer to 15. If I am really sleepy and trying to wake up or cold I have taken 20.

I lived in a basement apartment right after college where the old couple lived upstairs. The husband actually came down a while after I moved in and suggested that my showers were quite long at 10-12 minutes and that I needed to cut them back to only 5-6 minutes!!!!! He acutally TIMED my showers! And told me he did!

Maria & Chris ~ Waialae Beach Hawaii ~ 12/8/09
  • I'm in the shower like most people take a bath, it's my de-stress time, I could if in a hurry could get in and out but after a long day, I like to just turn my bathroom into a steam room.
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Five minutes here!  I can shampoo, shave, wash, condition, and clean my face in that time.  I grew up with a crappy plumbing system where you'd only get about 5 minutes of hot water in the winter.  You learn to be speedy with things when you know it means a cold shower in the middle of winter if you don't!

I only shave my armpits on a regular basis, though.  I'm a natural blond so my legs only need to be shaved once every other week or so (even in the summer) and even my armpits only get shaved twice a week or so.  So that really does help to keeping the time short!  I also have my hair trained where it only needs to be washed twice a week or so.  :)