Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men..

I haven't watched this show at all, but i am looking for a new show that i can watch a couple seasons of. Is it any good, what is it about?

TIA

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/v5bz89.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Mad Men..

• I think it is a great show!  It is set in the 1960's, About an Advertisement firm in NYC.

They really capture the feel of it (of course how would I know I wasn't alive then).

• It's great. One of the most well done shows on TV right now IMO.

I've watched it from the beginning but I've always thought it would be even better picking it up on DVD and watching the seasons that way. Sometimes a week in between is too long and I forget some of the intricacies.

Photobucket
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It would be a good one to watch on DVD. I watched the whole first season this way and I feel like I knew what was going on better than waiting a whole week in between.

I must have a bad memory! :o

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Blog:image
  • We were in the same situation and we picked it up by recommendation and I'm so glad we did!  The writing is fantastic and so are the actors.  We flew through the first season and most of season two already...Currently waiting for netflix to send us the last disc of Season Two.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Definitely one of our favorites!!! I highly suggest renting the other seasons (start from the beginning). You'll get hooked!
  • I agree.  One of the best shows on TV.
  • I strongly suggest you also watch Seasons 1 through 3 -- they're available on DVD -- try netflix.

Great show, great cast.  I remember a lot about the time period; I was Bobby's age.

• We just decided to give it a try since we love Breaking Bad. We are disc 2 of season 1, and so far pretty much hooked. Not as into it as Breaking bad, but getting there, :) 
  • I love this show! You should watch it from the beginning. I have to warn you that some of the episodes in the beginning are kind of slow moving, but once you get to know the characters, you'll want to keep watching to find out what happens next.