Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Oh Supernatural girls!

I was catching up on the Vancouver con from this weekend and apparently Jensen said he and Jared extended their contracts another year :)  Assuming this season goes well and CW doesn't give it the axe all signs point to a season 7!

In other news I dreamed I was watching the season premiere last night lol.  I think I need help.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Oh Supernatural girls!

• I am so freaking excited for this!  I think this might be the premier I'm looking most forward to!!
    imageimageimage
  • That's awesome!!

Of course I read it while watching the Supernatural re-run of Night Shifter Big Smile

90 books in 2015?
  • I am so excited for the premiere!

Also, random I know, but Jim Beaver is kind of fascinating. He speaks fluent Japanese, for one thing. I thought that episode where he spoke Japanese was just for fun, I didn't know he really spoke it. I just picked up the memoir he wrote when his wife was sick and I've been crying like a baby while reading it.

• YES!  By far the best show on network television since Buffy!  
  • Kripke was no Whedon that's for sure....the plot holes and the inconsistencies really bug me and in imo, could have been rectified rather easily but whatever, i still love the show.  it would have made my year if Whedon became the writer in Kripke's place. 

and i readily admit that im most looking forward to castiel's appearances.  i hope they arent fillers and can actually fit into whichever plot they are weaving for season 6.

• image kittychocolate:

Kripke was no Whedon that's for sure....the plot holes and the inconsistencies really bug me and in imo, could have been rectified rather easily but whatever, i still love the show.  it would have made my year if Whedon became the writer in Kripke's place. 

and i readily admit that im most looking forward to castiel's appearances.  i hope they arent fillers and can actually fit into whichever plot they are weaving for season 6.

I would have hated for some outsider to come in and take Kripke's place..I don't care how awesome they are. I LOVE that they're keeping it in the family with Sera

• image kittychocolate:

Kripke was no Whedon that's for sure....the plot holes and the inconsistencies really bug me and in imo, could have been rectified rather easily but whatever, i still love the show.  it would have made my year if Whedon became the writer in Kripke's place. 

Yeah, cuz there were no plot holes in Buffy Tongue Tied

90 books in 2015?
  • image booneybear:
    image kittychocolate:

I've really loved both shows but what I like about Supernatural is the overall arc of the show.  I don't really recall having Buffy have that.  It was like there was one big bad in every season and that was it.  It has been a while since I've watched but I don't remember feeling like there was a plan for Buffy from the very beginning.  With Supernatural there absolutely has been.  That is what I've found so amazing - seeing how this season tied in with the big bad from seasons ago!  I love that!

imageimageimage
  • image amyb2332:
    image booneybear:
    image kittychocolate:

I've really loved both shows but what I like about Supernatural is the overall arc of the show.  I don't really recall having Buffy have that.  It was like there was one big bad in every season and that was it.  It has been a while since I've watched but I don't remember feeling like there was a plan for Buffy from the very beginning.  With Supernatural there absolutely has been.  That is what I've found so amazing - seeing how this season tied in with the big bad from seasons ago!  I love that!

Agreed!

• um....im sorry but the plot holes and inconsistencies in Buffy were NOTHING compared to the ones in Supernatural.  
  • and if you really want proof of this and have time you can go read the very detailed recaps of both shows on televisionwithoutpity.com.  im not trying to get in a fight with the Head Cheerleadersof the board but come on. 
  • ....and im not talking about Season 7 of Buffy.  i dont consider that season a part of the show even though sadly and by fact, it is.
  • image kittychocolate:
    and if you really want proof of this and have time you can go read the very detailed recaps of both shows on televisionwithoutpity.com.  im not trying to get in a fight with the Head Cheerleadersof the board but come on. 

Really? I get that they didn't agree with you, but you sound pretty condescending in your posts. They don't agree. Who cares? 

I agree with what previous posters have said, and I don't need to go read re-caps of both shows because that won't change my mind. It's called an opinion. 

• Seriously? Head Cheerleaders?

I'm not going to try to change your mind like your trying to do with us. So what? We love the show, inconsistencies and all, and if it bothers you so damn much then don't watch it. It's that simple.

I'm sorry sweetheart but season 7 is included when you talk about Buffy regardless of if you consider it a part of the show or not.

90 books in 2015?
  • FWIW I never watched Buffy and find it irrelevant to this thread.  Long live Kripke!  And I guess now Sera :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers