Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wellness at Petsmart

I got a flyer in the mail today and noticed that my Petsmart now carries Wellness! I was surprised, I thought Blue Buffalo was the only good food they carried. Just thought I'd share, I think it's great that they are carrying a new good food option.

Re: Wellness at Petsmart

• Yep - I noticed it in my local Petsmart the other day as well.  We're currently feeding Blue Buffalo but maybe we'll switch now that the Wellness is so available!
  • Our cats have done so great on Wellness! I'd recommend it to anyone.

67/200
  • I was wondering if they would start carrying it.  That's great, because the Petco is sooo far out of the way for me.  PetSmart is on the way home.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • How are your babies doing on Blue Buffalo? We were thinking Acana or Orijen because I heard Blue Buffalo has some issues?
  • image laceandflora:
    How are your babies doing on Blue Buffalo? We were thinking Acana or Orijen because I heard Blue Buffalo has some issues?

I have been feeding our dogs BB Wilderness with no problems for a while now. I read the article posted above, and while it is a concern and definitely something to look out for, it seems to be isolated and has only affected a handful of dogs. I have no problems continuing to feed my dogs BB, although if Petsmart starts carrying the Wellness Core line, I may switch in the future.

• I was happy to see this as well as that is what we feed our cats. We feed Guinness Wellness Core which they don't carry right now. I did speak to a manager about it and he said he'd mention it in the upcoming survey, so we will see. If enough people ask, they may start carrying that as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Hogan's doing great on BB; he's on the Large Breed Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice.  His only food issues have been eating too fast & his puppy tummy not being able to keep up with that.  We fixed that by splitting each meal into thirds and mixing in a little warm water.  Anyway, he loves the BB though, he's a lab so he loves just about anything!  I'm just happy that it's keeping him a healthy, growing (lots!) boy!
  • I think it is terrific that some of the bigger box stores are carrying some better foods, but I still prefer to shop locally.

I get better service, the staff knows my dogs and can give recommendations on what they will do well on, and I even can get my food carried out to the car for me.

At the last local store we shopped at (we moved away from them), they would order our food especially for us and call us to let us know when it was in. If they did not have it when we were there (which happened once), they ordered another bag and gave us a small bag for free.

You really can't beat the service of local stores.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image closapio:

I think it is terrific that some of the bigger box stores are carrying some better foods, but I still prefer to shop locally.

I get better service, the staff knows my dogs and can give recommendations on what they will do well on, and I even can get my food carried out to the car for me.

At the last local store we shopped at (we moved away from them), they would order our food especially for us and call us to let us know when it was in. If they did not have it when we were there (which happened once), they ordered another bag and gave us a small bag for free.

You really can't beat the service of local stores.

YesYesYes

Shop local, shop local, shop local!   They have better stuff overall, plus they're full of awesome.

Did you know that:

Studies show that for every $1 spent at a national chain, only 13 percent of that goes back to the local community. Shopping at a local, independent store results in 40 to 60 percent of every $1 spent staying within the community either in wages, additional goods and service purchases, or elsewhere.

Love.
  • I do agree with shopping at the local stores if you can. I feed TOTW right now and shop at a small local dog bakery type of place which I really like. They bake their own treats right in the store and carry other types of chewies and things that I can't find anywhere else. Some stuff, like their toys, seems a little expensive but I don't mind spending a little more to support such a great place with quality treats and food.