Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mad Men 8/29

I watched this instead of the Emmys last night.  IMO it wasn't as good as last week's, but I guess they can't all be winners.  Roger's flashbacks as parallels for the present-day Don just seemed slightly cheesy and on-the-nose to me, I guess.  I did like Peggy's nude standoff with that art guy though, heh.  What did you all think?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mad Men 8/29

• I loved last night's episode-one of the best ones!!

The flashbacks really provided a past/present/future parellel to the whole episode. It is almost like Don is turning into Roger by taking a chance on the new guy at the end. 

I liked the scene where Don goes to bed with one lady and wakes up to another one and he loses track of time and has no idea what happened-this makes me wonder what will happen next week. I think Don is going to crack. 

I thought the Pete/Ken scene was a little weird-what is up with that rivalry anyway? I am still on the fence about Pete whether I like him or not. 

Also...just made the connection that Pete's wife is Annie from Community. lol!!

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Blog:image
  • I thought last nights episode was slow because the flashback was such a huge part of the episode. I love the flashback, especially when Joan got the fur coat, but it confused the episode a bit. At first I thought Don and Roger were shopping together. And did u catch that Don told the waitress his name was ***? She calle him *** in the morning. I'm wondering what is going to happen to Don. I kind of thought he hit rock bottom last season, but it keeps getting worse.
  • i thought this episode was amazing. I loved the flashbacks and I also caught the waitress thing.  I watched with my mouth open almost the entire time.

As far as the Pete thing - they were both up for a promotion and the other guy got it over Pete.  He then quit. 

Nicole

Mommy to Ella Grace 6/4/05