Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Remedies for stains on paws

My dogs paws are pink/rust colored from her chewing on them.  It's not an allergy or anything of that sort, already spoke to the vet.  and she is on Canidae Grain Free. 

I'm just looking to see if anyone has used something from around the house or even a product that has worked well.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Remedies for stains on paws

• Despite being on GF, your pup could still be allergic to the protein or another ingredient in the food.

Try adding some real lemon juice to her water. Start with a few drops and work up to a T or two. The acidity in the lemon juice helps to counteract the yeast in the body.

• I have a pink pawed pup too.  She also has tear stain issues, so I figure that it is a ph (or yeast) issue.  We recently started using lemon juice in her water to see if it would help with both issues, but it is too soon to tell.

Our little dogs are big on grooming (like cats), and it is common for them to be paw lickers.  One of mine chews her nails too....or rather sharpens them. ;)

• Did this just happen over the summer or recently?  It could also be an environmental sensitivity.  You might want to try wiping her paws off before she comes into the house.  A shampoo like EQyss Microtek can also be helpful if this is the case.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage