North Dakota Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP - AI Resort Recs

I need some AI resort recs.  My mom is turning 50 in May and we're taking a friends/family trip.

Location is still TBD so we're game for anywhere.

We're looking for something budget friendly, since there is a large group going, 30 couples are invited.  I have no idea how much AIs run but less than $200/night would be fab.  But please tell me if I am outta line here.

We will have Karter too so kid friendly would be fab too.

Rec away!  TIA!

Re: XP - AI Resort Recs

• We got married at The Grand Palladium in Jamaica. Everyone loved it. They have an adults only side and a family friendly side. I want to say the price was around $250/per couple a night. I'm not sure if you meant $200 per person or per room. Although it may exist, under $200 a room is going to be tough. I've been to a couple of other AIs in Jamaica and the Bahamas but this was my favorite by far. Sounds like a fun trip!
  • Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is SUPER budget friendly.  We got married at the Melia Caribe Tropical but there are definitely other budget friendly AI resorts there too.  I can't remember the exact pricing, but our guests who stayed 6 nights in a standard room including airfare from Chicago was somewhere around $700-$800. 

The Melia is very family friendly, they have a whole "Flinstones Land" area for kids.  This resort is HUGE, some people say too big so keep that in mind if you're looking for something smaller I'd check out other resorts in PC.

• image nataliejp519:

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is SUPER budget friendly.  We got married at the Melia Caribe Tropical but there are definitely other budget friendly AI resorts there too.  I can't remember the exact pricing, but our guests who stayed 6 nights in a standard room including airfare from Chicago was somewhere around $700-$800. 

The Melia is very family friendly, they have a whole "Flinstones Land" area for kids.  This resort is HUGE, some people say too big so keep that in mind if you're looking for something smaller I'd check out other resorts in PC.

Ditto to everything Natalie said!  We absolutely LOVED  The Melia.....it is by far the best AI I have been too!  It definitely has the most beautiful stretch of beach I have ever been to.  My sister is getting married at The Majestic Colonial in April and it seems budget friendly as well and looks pretty nice too.

Tracy & John, December 11, 2008 - Melia Caribe Tropical - Punta Cana
  • I found this website a while ago, and have been using to figure out our next vacation, it should help with budget.

http://www.allinclusiveoutlet.com/

We got married at the Hilton Papagayo in Costa Rica if your up for an 'exotic' location, and my 8 mo old neice went, and they had a kid pool area, and an adult pool by the spa, and a kids activity area.  We had a small group so we didn't get much of a discount but I'm sure that with 30ppl they'd be willing to negotiate.

GL!

My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would recomend any Palace resort. We went w/ the Moon Palace in Cancun. They gave us a group rate and extra's cause we booked 12 rooms. Another thing I liked about them is they had excursions included w/ your all inclusive pricing.  Your trip sounds fun!  Let me know if you have more questions.