Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Nook vs. Kindle

Anyone have a preference?  I was leaning towards Kindle for Christmas, but see that Nook has a "loan a book to a friend" feature that is kind of nice.  Obviously the Kindle has been around longer and probably has more kinks worked out, just curious if anyone had a Nook.  TIA!

Re: Nook vs. Kindle

• I have a Kindle that I love, so I'm not much help there.  You might want to check the Nest Book Club... they actually have a sticky post there comparing the two, because this is a pretty popular question for them.  Big Smile  Hope that helps you a little bit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a Nook and I love it! I really like how it has a touch screen at the bottom rather than the keyboard. And don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure with the Kindle you can't download any books while you're on an airplane but with the Nook you can. This comes in very handy if you're going on a long flight. But I could be wrong on that. I also think the Nook's screen is bigger. I'd just go play with both of them and see which one you like better.
  • Definitely check out the sticky post over on NBC!

I have a nook and love it.  Lots of girls on NBC have the nook and love it.  Lots of girls have the kindle and love it. I really haven't seen a lot of complaints for either.

The lending feature on the nook isn't as amazing as it sounds.  Not all books are able to be lended and you can only lend each book once.  What sold it for me with the nook is the ease of library books.  You can get library books on the kindle but you have to do some converting.  I liked the ease of library books with the nook.

Also, I personally didn't like the keyboard for on the kindle.  I prefer the nook's touch screen.  Target (at least my Target) has a Kindle out you can look at / play with. I'd try to look / hold both and see which you prefer.

imageimageimage
  • I was debating the same thing but my DH talked to someone who had the nook and gave a good point and that is why picked the nook. If something happens to the kinddle you have to send it in to be fixed. If something happens to the nook you can take it in to Barnes N Noble and they can switch it out right there in the store. I don't have mine yet to say how it is getting in a month or so but my friend has a nook and loves hers. We also plan to exchange books so that was big thing for both of us.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd9948.aspx[/img][/url]

PCOS DX 2003
    N Born 12/13/08 34weeks 5days due to Pprom with SPD and several delays. Conceived on 100mg of Clomid after 9 cycles
    BFP 8/7/10 150mg of Clomid 8/24/10 found no heartbeat & empty sac after subcronic hemotoma, Misoprostol induced MC 8/31/10 7w5d
    BFP April 20, 2011 Menpuir with trigger and TI. EDD December 31, 2011.Beta 1 13dpo 238, Beta 2. 16dpo 1091
    May 12 2011 first u/s HOLY CRAP 4 sacs 3 Heartbeats have to see if Quads or Triplets. May 26 2011 Triplets confirmed ready or not.
    Born 11/29/11 35 weeks 3days C-Section E 4lbs 5oz, A 5lbs 2.5oz, M 4lbs 11oz
  • I have a nook as well and I love it. The selling point for me is that it supports the epub and PDF file formats, so you can get books from the library or other stores like Borders, just not Amazon I guess. They have their own format. I have had it for a few months now and I've only actually read one book from Barnes & Noble, most have been from the library.

I personally haven't used the lending feature because I don't know anyone else that has a nook, but I know that you can only loan out a book once, and for like 2 weeks I think.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Kindle and love it. I am not a fan of touch screen anything, probably why I replaced my iphone with a blackberry. Guess it just depends on on your preference.
    Vacation