Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

An update and it's not pleasant...........

you are getting the way abbreviated version............

so, if you saw awhile back, i was told i miscarried but my hormone levels were still rising.  So, come to find out, i didn't miscarry and i was still pregnant.  Notice the still part.  baby implanted self way out of my uterus.  in fact, it was between my csection scar tissue and my bladder.  we were referred up to u of m hospitals due to the rarity.  the rarest form of ectopic pregnancies.  so rare that u of m only sees less than half a dozen a year.  today, we went up there and had a procedure to end the pregnancy.  it was tricky and very involved.  i had like 7 docs in the room.  i was knocked out though thank god.  i will continue to be monitored for awhile until my hormone levels go back down.  all this was done so that we can make more babies.  a hysterectomy was a possibility if today didn't work but it did, thank god.  any pregnancies i have in the future will be considered high risk and i will be watched through a microscope.  i would even have to deliver at 37 weeks if not sooner because my csection scar tissue did not heal properly which is why this whole thing started in the first place.  

i just wanted to update and to be honest, talking about it is thereputic for me. 

Re: An update and it's not pleasant...........

• Wow.  I am so sorry to hear about this!!  You will remain in my thoughts and prayers for sure!  I am glad to hear your procedure went well today though!
    Our baby girl!!
  • I'm so sorry you had to go through all that
  • rak123rak123 member
    Fourth Anniversary
    I am sorry to hear about your ordeal.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sorry!!! {{{hugs}}}

I had an etopic pregnancy a few years ago. Mine was very dangerous also and I was told if I hadn't driven myself to the hospital at that exact moment that I did I could have died. I was hospitalized also. I lost my left tube and ovary. Chances of becoming pregnant were not good especially since I had a tubal reversal and my one remaining tube wasn't that long. Crazy thing is I got pregnant the very next cycle after my etopic! I did lose the baby at 12w but I did go on to have 2 babies!!! So as horrible as it is I am proof that it can happen! I am also high risk b/c of adhesions due to c/s & the TR. My last baby they were worried that I wouldn't be able to carry her to term and they literally were going to go week by week and see what happened. I had to have an up & down c/s this time and I was scared to death. I cried the entire time during the c/s. I seriously thought I was going to die or they wouldn't get the baby out in time. I was pre-warned throughout the pg of what could have happened. I know someone was watching me up there because my two babies, especially the last one are miracles!

• I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • ((hug)) im so sorry.
  • I'm so sorry.  ((hugs))
  • T & P..sorry you had to go through this (((hugs)))
  • I am so sorry for what you have had to go through  ((HUGS))

But I am so happy that everything was taken care of in time and that you are still able to have children.

I cannot imagine.

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • T&P.  I am sorry you are going through this.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ~Jen~Jen member
    1000 Comments
    I am so sorry {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
  • Oh my gosh! Thank goodness they were able to help you at U of M. I'm so sorry that you had to experience all of this. Talk as much as you need to, we are here for you. ((((HUGS))))
  • Sorry to hear about your ordeal, thank goodness you're okay and had good care throughout the process. There is lots of support here, feel free to lean on everyone :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker