Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Roll Call!

• I just got home, we had dinner with my parents.  Mom and I split a bottle of wine and I'm am feeling good.

A Spring Day on the Katy Trail
  • - Just got back from a wedding. We left shortly after the dancing started so that we could come home to let Chewie and Penny out. The wedding was an hour away and we had been gone since 12:30 in the afternoon. Sad

- I am exhausted from getting up at 6 am so that i would have enough time to bring Chewie to the dog park for a long time and then come home and take Penny for a long walk. At least they were both SO tired and were sound asleep before we even left for the wedding. Big Smile (It will be so nice when Penny is big enough to just come with to the dog park!)

-DH must be tired too because he just fell asleep on the couch!

Not a very exciting night around here!

• image Stac928:

I just got home, we had dinner with my parents.  Mom and I split a bottle of wine and I'm am feeling good.

Woot woot!

I'm drinking, nesting and watching The Dish on Style.

I feel bad that we decided not to get a new foster until next week. Crying I know it's the most logical decision, but the thought of a dog having to live at the shelter rather than in a home for a week is sad. And Zoey is being all mopey about it, which doesn't help.

• Just got done watching "When in Rome" it was actually pretty good if you like goofy, romantic comedies.  Now just playin' around on the interwebz with HGTV on in the background.
  • image **ZippityDoDa**:
    image Stac928:

I just got home, we had dinner with my parents.  Mom and I split a bottle of wine and I'm am feeling good.

Woot woot!

I'm drinking, nesting and watching The Dish on Style.

I feel bad that we decided not to get a new foster until next week. Crying I know it's the most logical decision, but the thought of a dog having to live at the shelter rather than in a home for a week is sad. And Zoey is being all mopey about it, which doesn't help.

Don't feel bad, sometimes you have to take a break.

I can't seem to get a foster at all.  Everytime I offer to foster a dog something happens and they don't need a foster anymore.  This week alone I've offered to foster 4 dogs and it fell through will all of them.

A Spring Day on the Katy Trail
  • image Stac928:
    Don't feel bad, sometimes you have to take a break.

I can't seem to get a foster at all.  Everytime I offer to foster a dog something happens and they don't need a foster anymore.  This week alone I've offered to foster 4 dogs and it fell through will all of them.

That sucks!

Our rescue is shelter-style, so at any time there are 20+ dogs in their facility that we could foster. It's nice because we have options to pick from (though we usually let them pick for us) and there's always one they can pair us up with.

Even worse, two of my biggest crushes were the ones they wanted us to choose from. If they're not adopted next week, then we're definitely getting one of them.

• I'm sitting on the love seat watching TV.  Now I can say I haven't been sitting on the couch all day watching TV.  I moved a whole three feet.  Well, in the middle finished reapholstering a chair (it was almost completely done) and tried to hang a chandelier until I realized none of my parts match.  GRRRR!!!!!

Now I'm thinking about getting up and getting something to drink, and maybe a bite of food.  I've been thinking for a while and just don't feel like getting up to get it. 

April is National Grilled Cheese Month. How are you celebrating? image
  • I just finished scrubbing both bathrooms top to bottom. I hate cleaning toilets. Yuck.

Procrastinating on all the other things I need to do. Like install baseboards, door frames, thresholds, and closet doors. I hate doing renovations, but I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it and DH is NOT handy.

• We spent some time on the baby room today with my parents' help. I built a nighstand all by myself. DH and Josie went for a run. I got to spend some time at IKEA with my mom today. It's been a nice day.

On a different note, my next semester starts in 3 weeks! WOW that break went fast!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm here...we rented movies tonight. DH made me watch The Wolfman earlier today so I made him watch Leap Year. Smile

Thinking about going to bed. I know, I'm lame, but I am just so exhauted lately. 

• DH, Ace and I are hanging out and watching tv. DH and I went to dinner tonight to celebrate our 8th Anniversary (on 8/3). I have some wine in the wine chiller, but I don't know that I feel like drinking any. (Shut it Numbers!)
  • image meghan0020:
    DH, Ace and I are hanging out and watching tv. DH and I went to dinner tonight to celebrate our 8th Anniversary (on 8/3). I have some wine in the wine chiller, but I don't know that I feel like drinking any. (Shut it Numbers!)

*GASP*  Say it isn't so!

• I'm here.  We (dh, Harley and I) are all hanging out on the couch.

We had one of dh's co-workers over for dinner tonight.  Chicken and veggie soft tacos with homemade guacamole, and margaritas - and now I'm in something of a food and booze induced coma.  

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2rzxk7a.jpg[/IMG]
  • Checking in late!

I'm doing a little work, procrastinating a little on work, and lmao at n00bs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image meghan0020:
    DH, Ace and I are hanging out and watching tv. DH and I went to dinner tonight to celebrate our 8th Anniversary (on 8/3). I have some wine in the wine chiller, but I don't know that I feel like drinking any. (Shut it Numbers!)

Say it ain't so...that's blasphemy!

• Well, I DID have 2 glasses at dinner. I'm still somewhat full and I can't stomach the thought of wine. It will go back into the wine fridge and may come out tomorrow night.
  • image OSULori:

image meghan0020:

Say it ain't so...that's blasphemy!

Great minds think alike.  Wink

• image meghan0020:
    Well, I DID have 2 glasses at dinner. I'm still somewhat full and I can't stomach the thought of wine. It will go back into the wine fridge and may come out tomorrow night.

I pph our wine fridge.  Our best man and 3 groomsmen went in together and got it for us as a wedding gift, and at first I thought "Seriously?  WTF are we going to do with a damn wine fridge?"  Now, I love it.  Mmmm, wine...

• image OSULori:

image meghan0020:
    Well, I DID have 2 glasses at dinner. I'm still somewhat full and I can't stomach the thought of wine. It will go back into the wine fridge and may come out tomorrow night.

I pph our wine fridge.  Our best man and 3 groomsmen went in together and got it for us as a wedding gift, and at first I thought "Seriously?  WTF are we going to do with a damn wine fridge?"  Now, I love it.  Mmmm, wine...

I love ours too. Helping my mom with a wine tasting = wine fridge = happy me. I lurve our(well, I stole it from my parents house) wine chiller too. It makes a huge difference with the red wines. 

• My weekend to work this month and we are slow so I'm nesting.  So, so naughty Devil