Toledo Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Judgy post

What things are you judgy about? 

Even if they're things you may know you shouldn't necessarily be judgy about, but you still are, hah.

And let's keep this flame-free. :)

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC

Re: Judgy post

• I judge...

Bad spelling / grammar.

People who are receiving government assistance but have nicer stuff than me and/or purchase fancier groceries than me.

Parents who let their children act like little hellions in public.

People who make a big deal out of their race/gender/sexual orientation.  Yes, you can (and should!) be proud of who you are, but there is no need to make it an in-your-face, everyday issue.  I think people like that often bring discrimination on themselves because they try so hard to prove that they're different than everyone else. 

People who regard pets as "possessions" or "just an animal" and not as members of the family.

• image Merin:

I judge...

Bad spelling / grammar.

People who are receiving government assistance but have nicer stuff than me and/or purchase fancier groceries than me.

People who make a big deal out of their race/gender/sexual orientation.  Yes, you can (and should!) be proud of who you are, but there is no need to make it an in-your-face, everyday issue.  I think people like that often bring discrimination on themselves because they try so hard to prove that they're different than everyone else. 

People who regard pets as "possessions" or "just an animal" and not as members of the family.

I agree with all of those!! lol. 

I also get judgy when people judge me. Once I was at kroger buying groceries with the girls and when I swiped my card the cashier kind of gave me this look and was like "food stamp card?" and I was like, no ... just my check card. I was ticked off that she would just assume and say it in such a nasty tone. 

• Mine are all the same as Merin's... 

I also judge parents who swear in front of their children - even if they're babies.

• This is NOT a good day for me to get involved in a post like this ;)
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Baby GIRL EDD 5.21.13

My Blog | My Chart

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

2012 Races Heart Half Marathon 3.18.2012 - 1:51:01 (PR)
    Flying Pig Marathon 5.6.12 - 3:50:28 (PR)
    Leadville Trail Marathon 6.30.12 - 7:32:23 (not a typo)
    Esri 5K 7.25.12 - 21:57 (PR)
  • Perhaps this is hypocritical...but but I judge people partying all.the.time.  Yes, I used to do it.  I was at the height of party girlness right around the time I turned 29 and was loving the single life.  But when you're about 40 going to the clubs and trying to party like rockstars with people 10-15 years younger than you.  Yeah, not cool.

There's a woman here who wears her hair like Jeannie (of 'I Dream of Jeannie') and makeup like Tammy Fay Baker.  I totally judge her.  Especially now that I know her.

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/179/304/1790304.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Weight Loss[/url] Tools

The Shrinking Fat Chick
  • image jerseygirl81:
    This is NOT a good day for me to get involved in a post like this ;)

Uh-oh! 

Or maybe it is a good day, because then you can get if off your chest? :)

• image RockThisB!tch:

Mine are all the same as Merin's... 

I also judge parents who swear in front of their children - even if they're babies.

Ah, add that one to my list too.  Obviously everyone slips up once in a while, but swearing in front of them on any sort of regular basis is not cool IMO.  Also add parents watching adult TV shows in front of their children.  (and no, not that kind of adult show, lol)

• rak123rak123 member
    Fourth Anniversary
    I judge people who keep forwarding those stupid ass chain letters.  The one I got today was atrocious and the person who sent it to me should know better than to think I would want to read that drivel.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Merin:

Or maybe it is a good day, because then you can get if off your chest? :)

Nope, I'm pretty sure I would end up seriously offending people, and I'm not going to get into that battle right now.

FWIW, I curse in front of my kid and I know I get judged, but it rarely happens and my philosophy is that they're just words. It's the power and the intent behind them that makes them negative.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Baby GIRL EDD 5.21.13

My Blog | My Chart

• image Merin:

I judge...

Bad spelling / grammar.

These (although my grammar and spelling are horrible) and I also judge parents who let their high school aged (or younger) children have their SO stay the night or very late totally unsupervised.  No wonder they get pregnant.  I know that kids will find a way to do what they want but it just seems so obvious when their SO can stay the night. It is almost like asking for it. 

• image Merin:
    image RockThisB!tch:

Mine are all the same as Merin's... 

Ah, add that one to my list too.  Obviously everyone slips up once in a while, but swearing in front of them on any sort of regular basis is not cool IMO.  Also add parents watching adult TV shows in front of their children.  (and no, not that kind of adult show, lol)

Exactly - we have friends who have an 8-year-old and they swear in front of him constantly...  like, saying, "f*** that" to something he says to them...  they also let him watch anything he wants on TV.  One of his favorite shows is Seinfeld.  It was on at SILs house when we were over there a few weeks ago and their son was watching it, saying he loves the show and they said "b!tch" and "ass" a few times during that episode.  I just think that's too much.

I slip up in front of other people's kids all the time (don't have many kids around me and I do swear like a trucker...) but they do it all.the.time. on purpose.

• image RockThisB!tch:

Exactly - we have friends who have an 8-year-old and they swear in front of him constantly...  like, saying, "f*** that" to something he says to them... 

Oh hell no, I would never curse AT my child. Like I said, it's about the intent, and I would never direct that at him.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Baby GIRL EDD 5.21.13

My Blog | My Chart

• I judge people who don't at least attempt breastfeeding.  I know it's not for everyone, but if you don't even try...how do you know it's not for you?? 

I also judge people who don't keep an eye on their kids in public.  There are lots of moms who sit and gossip at the pool who don't keep a close watch on their 2 and 3 year olds who are swimming.  

I also judge people by the way they dress sometimes. (that seems so shallow)

• I judge non-parents who judge parents.  Yep, I said it and I used to be so judgey before I had my own, it is only natural to be that way.  But the saying that "you don't know until your a parent" is truer than you can imagine.  I've had that kid flipping out in a store and most of the time it has NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with the parent, the kid is just having a bad day and to be honest a lot of times there isn't a lot the parent can do to calm him or her down.   Before kids I was all, my kid will never do that.  And judging my non-parents goes for everything kid related.  I used to judge mom's for not breastfeeding, what awful mothers they were.  I was so against formula.  Funny how that works out.  So until your a parent you should judge with a grain of salt.

I judge teen parents.  I have no idea why, I just do.  Part of me feels bad for them because now that I'm a mom I know how hard of a job it is.  But the other part of me wants to smack them upside the head for being stupid. 

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • I judge people who try too hard to look nice.  I think in my head "it must suck to have to try that hard"  You know people who look like they spend every waking moment counting calories, hours putting on make up, dressed to a t and matching everything.

It just bugs me.  For instance.  At put in bay...there was this girl at a pool party.. dressed like a playboy bunny, lingere for a swimsuit, 5 inch heels, full face of make up and a hair not out of place.  She was so done up that she just stood there for over and hour and didn't move so nothing came out of place....that just irks me.

• image JillBean78:

I judge non-parents who judge parents.  Yep, I said it and I used to be so judgey before I had my own, it is only natural to be that way.  But the saying that "you don't know until your a parent" is truer than you can imagine.  I've had that kid flipping out in a store and most of the time it has NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with the parent, the kid is just having a bad day and to be honest a lot of times there isn't a lot the parent can do to calm him or her down.   Before kids I was all, my kid will never do that.  And judging my non-parents goes for everything kid related.  I used to judge mom's for not breastfeeding, what awful mothers they were.  I was so against formula.  Funny how that works out.  So until your a parent you should judge with a grain of salt.

I judge teen parents.  I have no idea why, I just do.  Part of me feels bad for them because now that I'm a mom I know how hard of a job it is.  But the other part of me wants to smack them upside the head for being stupid. 

I agree with this. I do judge parents still though. There is a couple of people(a few ladies and one guy) who stand at a busy corner that I pass on my way home from work with a sign that says "4 hungry kids at home, please help". I have to roll my eyes at them because these people are dressed pretty well. It makes me say in my head "why don't you try to go look for a job instead of asking for handouts on a corner"...

I used to judge people when I worked at a grocery store when I was younger too. The people using food cards that are driving Escalades, have nails and hair done and wearing nice clothes but the kids look like they've spent a week in their clothes or haven't showered in that long either. That would always get an eye roll from me. I still roll my eyes at these people when I see them at the store.

Married My Best Friend On May 23rd, 2009
    Our Little Man is Finally Here!!!
    <a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/nrb0509/?action=view
  • image JillBean78:

I judge non-parents who judge parents.  Yep, I said it and I used to be so judgey before I had my own, it is only natural to be that way.  But the saying that "you don't know until your a parent" is truer than you can imagine.  I've had that kid flipping out in a store and most of the time it has NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to do with the parent, the kid is just having a bad day and to be honest a lot of times there isn't a lot the parent can do to calm him or her down.   Before kids I was all, my kid will never do that.  And judging my non-parents goes for everything kid related.  I used to judge mom's for not breastfeeding, what awful mothers they were.  I was so against formula.  Funny how that works out.  So until your a parent you should judge with a grain of salt.

While I'm sure much of this is true, I still judge parents who are clearly j-holes.  I know that kids can have meltdowns anytime and anywhere, it's how the parents choose to react that gets my judgement.  IMO, if you can't get the child calmed down in a reasonable amount of time, then you leave.  Additionally, I wish I could tell some parents that it is not funny or cute or anything except obnoxious when your child is being an enormous brat. 

All of that said, I do want clarify that I do reserve judgement until it's abundantly clear that the parent is a moron, and not just stressed/tired/stuck in a crappy situation, etc. 

I know there are a lot of things that I won't fully understand until (or if) I am a parent, but there are some things that are pretty clear - parent or non-parent.

• image Merin:
    image JillBean78:

While I'm sure much of this is true, I still judge parents who are clearly j-holes.  I know that kids can have meltdowns anytime and anywhere, it's how the parents choose to react that gets my judgement.  IMO, if you can't get the child calmed down in a reasonable amount of time, then you leave.  Additionally, I wish I could tell some parents that it is not funny or cute or anything except obnoxious when your child is being an enormous brat. 

All of that said, I do want clarify that I do reserve judgement until it's abundantly clear that the parent is a moron, and not just stressed/tired/stuck in a crappy situation, etc. 

I know there are a lot of things that I won't fully understand until (or if) I am a parent, but there are some things that are pretty clear - parent or non-parent.

I almost went back and clarified my post to say that, haha.  But didn't get a chance.  There is a difference between complete brats and kids just having a bad day.  And yes, a-hole parents.  I just remove D from the situation, even if say we just got to the zoo and he flips out, if he doesn't calm within 10 minutes we are outta wherever we are at.  It isn't fair to other people.  J and I took him to lunch one day, he threw a fit, we paid for our drinks and left, it wasn't fair to the other patrons. 

I also wanted to say I wasn't directing any of that towards anyone here. I was directing it towards people that have recently given me kid advice that have no kids. 

Booze, it's what's for dinner image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • I judge people who confuse needs and wants.  I had a friend who told me she wasn't sure how she was going to pay rent for the next few months but then her parents gave her extra for Christmas that year.  Very next sentence out of her mouth... "I need a new ipod."  Um, what????  Sure enough, a few days later, she has a new ipod.  Another girl was given rent money from her parents one month and two weeks later spent $75 on frivolous stuff.  I swear, I want to have a lesson on needs and wants with some people.  
    Our baby girl!!
  • I just people who are government assistance that won't even attempt to work. I am not talking about people that can't work, but people that are just to lazy to even try.

I just people who can barely pay their bills, yet they are out buying new outfits, pets, going out to dinner, etc.

I judge people who don't have their priorities in line (goes back to wants vs needs).

I judge people who can barely pay their bills yet want to have kids, kids, kids.

I judge people that allow their kids to eat crap food 24-7 because "that is all they will eat".

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I judge people that baby talk to their 4+ year old.

I judge parents that don't attempt to control their child in any environment out of their home.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I judge a lot about the breastfeeding issue.  People are really high on their horse about it and it makes me very angry.  I do not see the big deal here and I think that it's overthought (esp. on these boards).   People are bad parents because BF is not for them?  Seriously, there are 10 billion other things that are way worse in the parenting realm. I also would never ask any mother what they feed their baby, it's not my business and I do not care either way.  You want to BF, good for you, you want to FF, go for it!  Whatever.  My judge comes to those who do judge over the issue, not the issue itself.

I judge a lot of people who have "handicapped" stickers.  Being overweight because of bad choices is not a handicap.  There are people out there who truly need the sticker, and can't park because lazy people have taken over the spots.  Yes, I know that overweight can come from a health issue (my g-ma, couldn't walk because of a serious neurological issue, so dieted, but gained a lot of weight), but there are ALOT of people out there who just get lazy.  Also, people who may a handicap, but it's not really severe enough for a sticker, but still get a sticker.  Seriously, put forth some effort and walk - it may actually benefit the situation!!

• image Merin:

I judge...

Bad spelling / grammar.

And these from MC:

I just people who are government assistance that won't even attempt to work. I am not talking about people that can't work, but people that are just to lazy to even try.

I just people who can barely pay their bills, yet they are out buying new outfits, pets, going out to dinner, etc.

I judge people who don't have their priorities in line (goes back to wants vs needs).

I judge people who can barely pay their bills yet want to have kids, kids, kids.

I judge people that allow their kids to eat crap food 24-7 because "that is all they will eat".

All of this!!!  My mind is admittedly elsewhere so I can't think of many others.  Just thought this was a fun post and I'm in a particularly edgy mood today because of some girl at work.  Whom I apparently misjudged and will think of differently after today, lol.

~I judge bad drivers.  How a person drives I think says a lot about their character.

~I judge the people who troll parking lots for the very very very frontmost spot they can find.  And the people who leave their carts by their car.  Honestly people, how hard is it to walk a little more?  No wonder America is getting so big....all that put together with the bad eating!

*Arianna & Matthew*
    July 26, 2008- The Best Day of Our Lives

3 years married already??

Wedding "Highlight" Video from our Reception!
    Wedding Planning Bio!! My Married Bio!!

• I judge people who smoke. ESPECIALLY ones younger than me. I do not undestand why people would start smoking right now, based just off the crazy cost alone. I have a brother and sister that are both going to be 21 this year and they both smoke and complain because they don't have money...
    photo adc1b349-75aa-4c83-be65-c47ed9748932_zps1c624b1d.jpg
  • I pretty much judge everybody. lol

I judge adults that are ridiculously into Harry Potter. I understand the writing is good but acting like a 12 year old girl over the movie is not something I'd be proud of.

I judge grown men who find it inconvenient to spend time with their kids or help take care of their kids. They aren't just your wife's responsibility.

I judge my friend who won't leave her boyfriend because "4 years is a long time to just throw away like that." All you do is COMPLAIN about him. All they do is fight. She's told me she doesn't love him or even really like him. They aren't married or have children. Who gives a flying F about how long you've been together. If you aren't happy, Leave!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12