Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

2 yr old's party

It is probably too late to post this, but thought some of you might have some good suggestions.

My DD is 2 on Saturday and we are having a party.  It is from ~2:30-5pm.  We have about 9 kids and 20 adults coming.  The children range from 7 months to 4 years old.

How much food would you provide.  We were thinking of doing hot dogs and hamburgers with some salads etc, and cake and fruit.  Do you think about 40 hotdogs and 40 hamburgers is enough or too much?

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: 2 yr old's party

• If I were invited to a birthday party from 2:30 - 5pm I wouldn't expect food. I would be expecting just ice cream and cake.  ?  Maybe you don't need to serve a real meal and maybe just little bites of food instead along with cake?  just a thought.

I think 40 hotdogs and 40 hamburgers is a lot.  I would do 30'ish hamburgers and 20 hot dogs but cook as you go.

• I agree that the hotdogs and hamburgers aren't necessary, but if you do them I'd cut back.  25-30 of each should be enough.  I'd buy another pack of hot dogs, but wait to grill them.
  • Honestly, I wouldn't expect "real" food at a party held at that time, even at a kid's party. Unless you told everyone to come hungry and to expect dinner, I'd just have cake, drinks and maybe a fruit &/or veggie tray.

If you want to serve burgers and hot dogs, I'd say 20-25 of each? Most people are not going to have both and you are only having 29 guests, at least one of which is too small to eat hamburgers and hot dogs.

• there's always food at every party i go to, no matter what time it's at... i think what you have planned is good.
  • image erosa:
    there's always food at every party i go to, no matter what time it's at... i think what you have planned is good.

This.  I'd eat beforehand, but it would be light, and I would expect a Linner (lunch/dinner) by 4:00 p.m. or so.   

• I'd focus more on snack type foods based on the time frame of the party, fruit and veggie trays, cake and ice cream, maybe some dips (pepperoni dip and buffalo chicken dip are two favorites in our household).  I also like to have some cookies/frosting and some decorating stuff so ppl can make their own especially w kids (and my friends are basically just big kids and love that stuff)

• image JuliaGoolia719:

I'd focus more on snack type foods based on the time frame of the party, fruit and veggie trays, cake and ice cream, maybe some dips (pepperoni dip and buffalo chicken dip are two favorites in our household).  I also like to have some cookies/frosting and some decorating stuff so ppl can make their own especially w kids (and my friends are basically just big kids and love that stuff)

what's pepperoni dip??  sounds yummy!