Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

~Leslie~

You may already know this as you have already done a lot of research on natural childbirth but figured I would mention it in case your didn't.

I have been talking to Mandi about doula's and hospital procedures more and she contacted her doula regarding some questions that I had. Her doula mentioned that some insurance companies cover the cost of doulas. I had no clue that they would cover something like that! I am going to call today and find out if our plan does.

imageimageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image

Re: ~Leslie~

• I called and my plan doesn't cover doula services. :(  At least I asked though.

imageimageimage

• Oooh cool!  I wasn't sure if insurance would cover doulas but I was planning on calling to see.  Sorry yours doesn't. :(

On another note, and you may already know this, but if you want a breast pump, sometimes insurance will cover some of the cost.  I think you have to get a prescription from your OB or something?  I can't remember.  It's worth a call to see, if you are planning on BFing and pumping.

• I asked about that as well. I figured since I was calling I should ask about anything else I could think of. Turns out my plan would cover one if I was discharged before the baby. So like she had complications and had to stay in the Nicu for awhile.
    imageimageimage

• Well, that's better than nothing, but geez.  I hope that doesn't happen. :(

Oh yeah, there's a Natural Birth board on the Bump now.  Wasn't sure if you'd seen it.

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/9041223/ShowForum.aspx

• Sorry, I'm on a Mac, and apparently it makes no links clicky on here. :/