Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ankeny Splash Park?

I just looked this up and saw a line that said it's free from 10am-noon! Too good to be true? I'd love to check it out but wonder how crowded it would be with an offer like that.

Also, do you wear a swimsuit or just clothes, since you're not actually getting IN water? Me in a suit is not a pretty sight and I have no qualms about getting a little water splashed on my clothes.

Re: Ankeny Splash Park?

• I went once and I wore my suit under clothes, but never took my clothes off, so I would just wear clothes!  I am not one to walk around in a suit, if I am going to wear a suit, I better be fully submerged in water so no one is scared of the sight!
  • lucylealucylea member
    1000 Comments

I only went in the afternoons last year so I'm not sure if its really free from 10 to noon or not, but we might have to check that out as that time frame works better this year. 

I always just wore my suit with a pair of shorts over it.  Sophia is a splasher, though, so I knew I would get at least a bit wet.  I saw people in everything from jeans and tanks to bikinis so I would just wear whatever you are comfortable in. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image lucylea:

I only went in the afternoons last year so I'm not sure if its really free from 10 to noon or not, but we might have to check that out as that time frame works better this year. 

I always just wore my suit with a pair of shorts over it.  Sophia is a splasher, though, so I knew I would get at least a bit wet.  I saw people in everything from jeans and tanks to bikinis so I would just wear whatever you are comfortable in. 

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • It really is free during that time.  I've never seen it extremely crowded, especially on a week day.  Wear whatever you're comfortable in!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers