Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Buzz*

How is your mom doing?  I have been meaning to ask you for forever!  I hope she is bouncing back well!

Re: *Buzz*

• How nice of you to ask!

She's doing pretty well. She has no lasting effects from the stroke, but she's having weird side effects from some new meds (light headed, dizzy, always tired). They keep adjusting her dosages but so far they haven't gotten it just right. Plus, when her left side was recovering, she must have walked inbalanced because now her back and hips are messed up. It's hard because this is her favorite time of year and she's not able to do gardening and yard work, things she loves most. She's hopeful that she'll be back to normal again soon. At her age, I wonder if this is ner "new normal." It's hard seeing her struggling with limitations!

Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • Oh, I hope she can get back to her old normal.  She always seemed so go, go, go and she is one heck of a seamstress :o)  There is nothing worse than not being able to do the things she loves!  I hope they get her meds figured out soon too!