Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update from Monday

My bad news turned into somewhat better news as things came back!  My car does have a small leak around the oil pan, but the mechanic thought it would last a while longer. Thinking it was going to give up on me did give me a chance to look around at some options online and now I have a better picture of what I want to buy when the time does come, though. 

My dog is, unfortunately, in kidney failure, but the vet gave us a special food to try her on and if we can get her to gain some weight then we aren't quite at the end since her quality of life doesn't seem to be too drastically effected yet.  So far she really likes the food so hopefully it will help her feel better and get some weight back on her.  

Thanks for all your good thoughts, they were much appreciated!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Update from Monday

• Well, at least things turned around a little.  I hope that your dog continues to get better and I am glad your car isn't horrible.  At least you know that it might be coming though and like you said, you do have options!
  • We'll continue to hope for the best with regard to your dog. They're part of the family too!
    Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • Good news about your car!  I hope your dog continues to do ok with the food, it's so hard to see them have issues!
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vhoyh.jpg[/IMG]
  • Thinking positive thoughts for your dog!  Sad  Maynard is right - it's so hard to see them having difficulty.  Give the pooch an extra snuggle from your Nest friends