Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

S/O A Dyson with Hardwood Floors

Does anyone have any experience using the Dyson Animal (or any Dyson model for that matter) on non-carpeted surfaces?  We have mostly hardwood floors, with tile in the bathrooms and kitchen, and carpet in the bedrooms.

What do you think... still worth it?

Re: S/O A Dyson with Hardwood Floors

• My current house has wood laminate in the living areas and we have tile in the kitchen.  The three bedrooms are carpetted.  I have the DC-14 All Floors and it works great on all of them.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Our floors are hard but we have area rugs. I think that it works better on the carpet, but also work well on the hard floors. I would rate the carpets at at 10+ and hard floors at about a 8/9. I love to use it daily. 
    My siggy is broken. It has made me grumpy.
  • We have a mid-range vacuum, about half the price of a Dyson and mostly hardwood floors except for our bedroom and a small second bedroom.

Honestly, I couldn't justify the price with such a small amount of carpet.

However, if I had more carpeted space I would definitely have considered it.

ETA: Someone mentioned before I posted about the All Floors model. I think if you're going to get a Dyson, that would be the way to go. 

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/w0ml45.gif[/IMG]

TTC #1 since 10/2012. BFP 11/28/12, EDD 8/10/13. MMC found 1/11/13, measured 5w6d
    Everyone is welcome.
  • This was my problem with Dyson.  I tried one when I was testing out vacuums and it didn't do as well on hardwoods and tile as others that I tried (I went with Miele).
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • We use it on our wood floors, we only have two area rugs, so it's mostly used on floors. As long as you remember to switch to the "bare floor" setting, it's great.  Otherwise, you risk scratches!  

It really sucks up pet hair and I love that it's so strong.  You don't have to go into every corner.  Smile 

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

TTC #1 @ 38, Dx: ovulation issues
    15 treatment cycles: c/p 4/11, m/c 12/11 (6w), possible ectopic + MTX 4/12 (7w)
    Another c/p in 12/12

Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

• We have the dyson animal ball (DC-25, I think?) and I love it.  Our main floor is all hardwoods or hardwoods and rugs and our basement is carpeted.  I think it works great on both.
  • I can't justify if it is worth it or not, because I refuse to buy one given the price.  We have just about eliminated all carpet in our house because I hate carpet.  We have all hardwood or tile.  We just recently purchased Sharks newer multi vac that claims to never lose suction.  So far so good, I rarely have to sweep anything up.  The thing is super light too.  You can detach the entire vac to use on stairs.  We got it a Kohl's for really cheap with a coupon.  I know Target also sells it.  Shark also has a newer upright model called the navagator that is said to never lose suction as well.

The only con I have is that I wish it had a longer wand attachment.  But I see that I can buy them online.

http://www.sharkclean.com/cgi-bin/livew/site.w?location=b2c/product.w&product=NH15W&frames=no&target=main&sponsor=000001&nocache=2502

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
    Steph and Jeff's Shutterfly Website
    ~ Stephanie & Jeffrey ~ 9.15.2007