Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ever been to the Azalea Festival in Muskogee?

Is it worth the drive?  Is there anything else to do there?  Any great places to eat?

Re: Ever been to the Azalea Festival in Muskogee?

• we go there every year to see the Christmas lights... they are in the same park as the azaleas... i have never been to see the azaleas but i have heard they are amazing... there isn't a ton to do there... there are a few antique shops... not sure about places to eat... we ate at chilis when we went there last year to visit a family cemetary and were surprised they had a chilis...

here is their website... http://www.cityofmuskogee.com/

hth!
  • My mom & I went about 3 years ago. VERY worth the drive. But definitely park your car & walk around. It's too beautiful to just "drive through." In addition to the many azaleas, there are also water gardens, great tulips (my personal favorite) and daffodils. And, the terrain there is just so different than OKC - more trees, more hills. It definitely feels like an escape from the city. You can also buy some of the azeleas featured in the park.  There's no fee to enter, but they do take donations when you leave the park.

As where to eat....not sure about that one. Muskogee's pretty big - they have some standard chains (Goldie's, Mazzio's).
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/de5vyr.jpg[/IMG]
  • I live in Muskogee, and the park is gorgeous!  Eat at Johnny V's - yummy Italian food.