Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

how do you vent your frustrations in a healthy way?

I've just been having a really tough time at work lately, and my way of dealing with frustrations is to talk to someone about it.

I've been calling my Dad to talk to him about it, and it seems like he always sides with the co-worker. Then we end up in this huge fight, because he isn't siding with his daughter.

I just don't want to take things out on other people anymore. 

So, to my question, how do you vent your frustrations with anything in a healthy way?

Re: how do you vent your frustrations in a healthy way?

• Talk to my mom or sis, but when that doesn't work I right down everything I'm having a problem with.  It feels so good to write it out, it's like talking to someone.  Then I usually burn it.  Ha. 

Or I sit in my car and scream.  I did that once after one of my special needs kids drove me insane one day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is stuffing my face with chocolate healthy?
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • image rssnlvr:
    Is stuffing my face with chocolate healthy?

Um...yeah, duh

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Talking to someone is good. I really liked counseling just to have an objective person to talk to. A good counselor can be on your side as well as point out what behaviors you can change to better the situation. If that makes any sense...

My DH is a problem solver, which annoys me to no end sometimes. If I really just want to vent and not solve the problem, I have to start off by telling him that I don't want advice. 

Sometimes I've written a long letter/vent and usually by the time I've finished, I'm over the vent and just delete it.  Also, exercise. If I'm really frustrated, I'll go to the gym and spin in out.

• Last night I went on 3.5 mile walk, and today for lunch I had an Amy's sundae with dark chocolate, cookie dough, chocolate chips and hot fudge for lunch. lol

I'm hoping the chocolate and the exercise will chill me out for awhile.

• image Chicklit:
    My DH is a problem solver, which annoys me to no end sometimes. If I really just want to vent and not solve the problem, I have to start off by telling him that I don't want advice.

My DH too. He drive me insane! I try to vent about work and he says "Why don't you quit and go work somewhere else then?" Uhhhhgggg...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes I just want someone to say, "I'm sorry, sucks that happened to you."

Instead of turning it how I did something wrong, and how I need to be less sensitive.

• exercise.  even better if it involves something you can hit (i.e. a tennis ball), but even just throwing on my ipod and going for a walk will calm me down.

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • I have boxing on my wii fit, and I like to pretend that I'm punching whoever is frustrating me.  I also enjoy cursing creatively throughout the exercise.  Like, you know, in addition to the typical f- you, m-f-er, I think of things that don't make sense--like the gum commercial where the woman yells "lint licker!" at one of the other people.
  • image GuavaGal:
    I I think of things that don't make sense--like the gum commercial where the woman yells "lint licker!" at one of the other people.

LOL!

• image GuavaGal:
    I have boxing on my wii fit, and I like to pretend that I'm punching whoever is frustrating me. 

ohhh, I forgot about boxing - the gold's gym boxing wii game is pretty fun.

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7trsf2k[/IMG]
    merry everything!
  • I'm not always sure that I do. :/

I agree with the others, though - writing out my frustrations or getting some exercise. A long walk with the dogs usually helps me. 

Business Cat. image
  • image Taytee:
    image Chicklit:

My DH too. He drive me insane! I try to vent about work and he says "Why don't you quit and go work somewhere else then?" Uhhhhgggg...

LOL My DH is the opposite.  He'll just sit there and be like, "Oh...uh...that sucks"

It drives me nuts, can I get some feedback, please!

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/literal14/215900_1996193387416_1320921820_32377322_5747387_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • I get home from work, generally freak out about dinner, snap at DH - then feel badly and spill my guts about whatever happened. 

Not healthy, but it works to get it off my chest.

• I prefer to dance it out! :) I turn on super fun songs from way back in the day that made me feel awesome (we're talking 90's hits!!). I turn them way up and jump around my living room. Inevitably, my dog joins in and I can't help but laugh.

All in all, when a co-worker or student starts freaking out about how horrifically bad someone has been or how something didn't turn out just right, my immediate response is "Did/Will anyone get hurt? and Did/Will anyone die?" if the answer is "No" to those questions regarding their freakout subject, then it really isn't that big of deal....it could definitely be worse! That typically puts things into perspective. :)