Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

selling house vent

just FYI it makes you go batsh!t crazy.  I'm a worrier anyway (thank the Lord for Lexapro) but good grief.  UGH!  5 showings in 2 weeks YAY!  no second showings yet.  Feedback is great...house shows AMAZING (a buyers words) realtors love it too, price is great for the area, great schools near by, near shopping centers, great corner lot, tile counter, pergo flooring....

Now someone buy my house damnit so I can build my dream house in Falcon Pointe.

Ha, sorry...anyone wanna buy a house in Laredo :)

Any ideas to help me calm down?  Lexapro and wine are working pretty well :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: selling house vent

• You guys have the job thing squared away and the days are counting down until you'll be able to move back to Austin. That's what you've wanted most, and it's going to happen. This is just a detail that is inconvenient for now, but you'll still get to your goal. I don't think houses usually sell that quickly--you just put it on the market, so have hope!

PS: That's great that you're getting such good feedback. People are probably just thinking it over since buying a house is such a big leap. You should see how picky I'm being with buying a car, and I'm really sick of car shopping. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Faon:

You guys have the job thing squared away and the days are counting down until you'll be able to move back to Austin. That's what you've wanted most, and it's going to happen. This is just a detail that is inconvenient for now, but you'll still get to your goal. I don't think houses usually sell that quickly--you just put it on the market, so have hope!

Great point!  I'm leaving this awful TOWN!  (Sorry if anyone is from Laredo)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ditto what Faon said. This is a tough market and selling a house takes time -- sometimes a lot of time. In the end, you'll be in Austin one way or another.

I understand your frustration. We tried to sell our house last year and the process really sucked and put a lot of stress on us. This time around, we're trying to be more relaxed about it and not thinking about the future too much. Last year, my DH got his heart set on this one house. In his mind it was our perfect house and when it sold before our house sold he was heartbroken. And it made things worse for me because at that point, he was convinced we wouldn't find anything better than the dream house and any other opportunity just didn't live up. Eventually, though, we found better houses. And this year, we've seen still others that we like. The moral of the story (and I don't mean to be a killjoy, but...) is maybe be open to other options rather than get your heart set on the Falcon Pointe house.

Good luck and feel free to vent anytime.

• OH yeah, I lost every ounce of my sanity during our house selling ordeal.  Even once we got a contract on it, pretty quickly I might add, it was still awful for me!  My realtor had a lot to do with my stress (I am super strong Type A...she was not).  Hope you get your offer soon!  It's all worth it in the end!
  • This may be silly.....but I have always wanted to try the whole burying a St. Joseph thing.....I can't wait till we sell our home to try this!(in like 7 years)

A co-worker of mine hadn't sold her house...and it had been like 6 months.....she is not catholic....well she finally decided to try the St. Joseph thing...and she sold that month. I know it could just be coincidental.....but ya never know and it never hurts to try.

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image wheninrome:

This may be silly.....but I have always wanted to try the whole burying a St. Joseph thing.....I can't wait till we sell our home to try this!(in like 7 years)

A co-worker of mine hadn't sold her house...and it had been like 6 months.....she is not catholic....well she finally decided to try the St. Joseph thing...and she sold that month. I know it could just be coincidental.....but ya never know and it never hurts to try.

Good Luck!

Sadly, I can dispell that myth. Last year's realtor buried one for us. Nothing happened. Three months later, my MIL buried another one in our backyard. Three months after that, we took the house off the market.

• It didn't work for us, either. 
  • Ohhhh fooey! I guess it is silly...lol=)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have done the St. Joseph thing twice. When I was selling my house in Philadelphia it was on the market for 3 months. I finally buried a St. Joseph and within 24 hours I had 3 offers!

We put our house on the market here early Feb and buried a St. Joseph within 24 hours and not even one person has come to see the house! Ugghh, I was really counting on St.Joseph. Maybe he doesnt work well under pressure!