Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

LOST (spoilers, duh) :P

i'm confused. how's desmond the secret weapon against flocke? and what's sayid going to do about it? i hope sayid doesn't kill desmond.

i was disappointed to see tina fey is still around. :P

was flocke lying to claire when he said kate was no longer a candidate?

favorite line - when flocke said he wouldn't be there if he could smoke-fly off the island, i loved sawyer's sarcastic response "that'd be ridiculous."

jack was less annoying than usual.

more sawyer, please! 

Re: LOST (spoilers, duh) :P

• I found the whole episode very boring. They totally should have shown Sayid kicking some butt again in at the restaurant.

Oh and I got in a fight with DH over the "not married" version of Sun/Jin and the timeline. He's upstairs pouting because I'm right.

Sun was writing pretty big for a chick on an island with limited paper resources. A whole page for YES. WTF?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image Taytee:

Sun was writing pretty big for a chick on an island with limited paper resources. A whole page for YES. WTF?

HAHAH.. I was thinking the SAME THING.  Seriously - are you going to make paper from the papaya trees later on?

I was kind of annoyed with the episode until the last 10 minutes or so.  They STILL aren't reunited, with only 5 hours left in the season?  So, we're going to spend time on them being apart for 3 years, Jin not meeting his daughter.. and then we're going to spend 7 seconds with music, kissing, and an around the world shot when it does happen. Greeat. 

On Desmond - I guess he has more to do with defending the island somehow.  I hope we'll find out next week on the Desmond episode (yum).  

Yes, Flocke was lying, I remember seeing her name up there still - he must just think that she isn't the one.  Its probably just to pacify her?

• image monski:
    image Taytee:

HAHAH.. I was thinking the SAME THING.  Seriously - are you going to make paper from the papaya trees later on?

I was kind of annoyed with the episode until the last 10 minutes or so.  They STILL aren't reunited, with only 5 hours left in the season?  So, we're going to spend time on them being apart for 3 years, Jin not meeting his daughter.. and then we're going to spend 7 seconds with music, kissing, and an around the world shot when it does happen. Greeat. 

On Desmond - I guess he has more to do with defending the island somehow.  I hope we'll find out next week on the Desmond episode (yum).  

Yes, Flocke was lying, I remember seeing her name up there still - he must just think that she isn't the one.  Its probably just to pacify her?

They must have stolen all the paper from the Others.  Or the Other Others.  One of the two. :)

WTF on Jin and Sun still not being reunited.  Lame.

I knew it was going to be Desmond!  I don't know why it's Desmond, but I knew it would be him.  Desmond's last name is Hume, but I wonder if he is going to have anything to do with the name "Wallace" that was on the lighthouse dial?

According to lostpedia.com, Kate's name (Austen) is crossed out or she is no longer a candidate:

Remaining candidates

Between the cave and the lighthouse, at least five names remain not crossed out: Ford, Reyes, Shephard, Jarrah, and Kwon. The numbers associated with each of their names correspond to the Numbers. Interestingly, several other names that do not appear to be crossed off include Haasra (#56), Grimwault (#57) and Kysea (#60).

• where have we seen the russian before? they called him the russian, right? the guy who translated korean for them? washe the crazy russian that worked for the dharma initiative, or was that another russian?
  • image JezcaM:
    where have we seen the russian before? they called him the russian, right? the guy who translated korean for them? washe the crazy russian that worked for the dharma initiative, or was that another russian?

Good call!  He's the crazy eyepatch dude!

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mikhail_Bakunin

• The Russian was definitely one of The Others in the older episodes.  

Hooray for Lostpedia!  He's in there.  Any speculation on why Kate was crossed out?  Even the 'pedia doens't know that one. 

• image monski:

Any speculation on why Kate was crossed out?  Even the 'pedia doens't know that one. 

I wonder if it's because of the psychic who told Claire that someone else (presumably Kate) is supposed to raise her son?  Meaning Kate has to get off the Island to raise Aaron.

• Good speculation on Kate, Rosie. I've been wondering why her name was crossed off b/c she clearly isn't dead (or at least not the Locke version of dead.)

I totally thought the same thing about Sun writing on the paper - dude - that's not a big tablet, write small!

I liked the flash sideways Jin and Sun but totally didn't like that they weren't together and her dad and her being shot.  Boo.  I just want them to be happy and together.  Seems like in both story lines something is keeping them apart. 

And do we really know it's Sun that's the right Kwon or is it Jin?  And why does Flocke need all of them to get off the island? 

And I totally called Desmond too - b/c really, he had to come back to the island, right? Maybe he's the "package" b/c he's successfully been able to find his constant and time travel.  No idea what that's going to do for anyone though. 

• agreed that this episode was fairly lame-o.

My husband said the same thing about the paper- write smaller lady!!!

I thought Kate was never a candidate for some reason- I don't know why I thought that now...

We do not know if it's Jin or Sun (as far as I know at least) but my bet is on Sun...

I thought the package was going to be Daniel Farraday's mom- she's been on the island in the past, helped everyone get back and seems to just keep popping up. Interesting to me that it's Desmond who we all know Whitmore hates so much!

Whitmore is intriguing me now, we have never really known what his intentions are so I can't put him on the good or evil side. Looks to me like he is going to turn out good... Admittedly he's done some nasty stuff in the past so we would have thought he would be evil but now I'm not sure. And why does he need Jin's help finding the electro-magnetic pockets? Something to do with beating FLocke is my guess- we know he knows a lot about him because he put up the "fence" to keep FLocke out (and was successfull notice he didn't cross it).

I HATE that Sawyer is is just so blah right now, BE SAWYER- you would NEVER just hang out and bide your time- you are a man of action- be active!!!

20120901_858 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image MrsRosie:
    image monski:

Any speculation on why Kate was crossed out?  Even the 'pedia doens't know that one. 

I wonder if it's because of the psychic who told Claire that someone else (presumably Kate) is supposed to raise her son?  Meaning Kate has to get off the Island to raise Aaron.

i think this would eliminate the kwons too, though - someone's gotta raise their daughter.

i think kate's still on the list, flocke was lying to claire so that claire wouldn't be jealous of kate.