list price was 179,000, we bid 163,000 w/ 3% closing cost, he countered w/ 172,00 and 1,5% and we recountered w/ 168,000 w/ 3% (and if that was countered back we would try same price and 2% or 169 and 3%)
Our counter was rejected (no other offers) and now the new list price is 172,00 (only 4k above our offer) Here is the reason why I don't want to go up the extra 4k. I really don't think it will appraise at the price, the comps don't show the house at that price, but then again there are no recent sales in the area and the houses are not completely cookie cutter so it's hard to to comp the house.
I don't want to do home inspection and appraisal at my cost just to have the guy refuse to come down once the appraisal come in and we are doing FHA so we have to hit the appraisal.
I plan on seeing some more houses this week (just found two on the market today) but they are not as "good" as far as i can tell online as the house I like. I think I will preview a few more houses and then try my offer again in a week.
Is a week too early? We have that 8k dead line...don't want to wait too long.
what do ya''ll think, if it was you what would you do?