West Coast Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

seriousy? work vent.

... i'll try to keep this short. I've gotten OT on my last 3 or 4 paychecks, we get paid every 2 wks. The first 2 or 3 times it wasn't substantial, an extra $30 or so. The last check was an extra $300 or so. My ofc mgr is pissed bc i'm bringing home more then she is. She is salaried. She tells me about it every single day. .. "it's ridiculous that you are bringing home more then me", blah blah blah blah blah..

Uhm really? I don't want the overtime, I would prefer to work 40 hrs and go home when i'm supposed to & have weekends off like I used to.

i just want to tell her to SHUT UPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

and no there is no one I can tell. No one will or can do anything about it. If i tell the Dr he will say something to her and then she will retaliate..that's how it works. so until i leave i just have to suck it up. but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

http://lifeisbeachykeenblog.wordpress.com

Re: seriousy? work vent.

• Ug that sucks!!! You work for that extra money, they are not just giving it to you! Do you have a set date for when you leave yet? Everytime she bothers you, just keep looking at pics of your beach house and know you will be gone soon!

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • image Aidens__mommy:
    Ug that sucks!!! You work for that extra money, they are not just giving it to you! Do you have a set date for when you leave yet? Everytime she bothers you, just keep looking at pics of your beach house and know you will be gone soon!

no set date to leave..bummer. I wish i did, i think that would make it easier. I know we are moving, and i'm leaving, but without a date it doesn't seem like its going to happen any time soon. I try to think about the fact that i'm leaving soon and it won't be "that" much longer, but really that doesn't help my immediate situation.

• I know you want to grab her neck and sling her around like a rubber chicken, but that's only b/c this lady has no tact/class/professionalism.  Who cares if you're taking home more than she is?  You are performing your job and they are obligated to compensate you for that work.  As the office manager, she needs to shut her mouth.  I'm sure other workers can hear it and it doesn't help morale or coworker relationships to hear her whining.

Maybe you could suggest Comment Free Payday.  ;) 

image image
  • image nicoleg1982:

Seriously... who talks about their paycheck in the office anyways?  

Totally unprofessional.  

• image nicoleg1982:

I know you want to grab her neck and sling her around like a rubber chicken, but that's only b/c this lady has no tact/class/professionalism.  Who cares if you're taking home more than she is?  You are performing your job and they are obligated to compensate you for that work.  As the office manager, she needs to shut her mouth.  I'm sure other workers can hear it and it doesn't help morale or coworker relationships to hear her whining.

we have no other front office co-workers..which is why we are working all these hours..... the only one who hears it is the clinical coordinator; i have mentioned to her that i'm sick of hearing it... i know she tells my ofc mgr everything that gets said to her so i'm hoping she'll say something to her about it.. my luck she won't.
  • Ugh, that's completely unprofessional in so many ways. Suggest to her that she should ask for demotion so she can be hourly too.

You know, sometimes salaried people are eligible for bonuses and such that hourly staff are not, too. Not sure if that's the case, but it happens. And she may also get other benefits that you don't like more vacation time, or whatever.

I have a VP who's always whining about his pay cut. Dude, you have a thirty grand car allowance. I don't feel bad for you. Not to mention when you have a position that has some authority, you have more power to change your situation, so if all you do is whine about how you work so much harder than everyone else, then you're just an idiot, right? 

Sorry, that sucks.

My silly Lily is almost 4. BabyFruit Ticker
  • image k8elee03:

Ugh, that's completely unprofessional in so many ways. Suggest to her that she should ask for demotion so she can be hourly too.

You know, sometimes salaried people are eligible for bonuses and such that hourly staff are not, too. Not sure if that's the case, but it happens. And she may also get other benefits that you don't like more vacation time, or whatever.

I have a VP who's always whining about his pay cut. Dude, you have a thirty grand car allowance. I don't feel bad for you. Not to mention when you have a position that has some authority, you have more power to change your situation, so if all you do is whine about how you work so much harder than everyone else, then you're just an idiot, right? 

Sorry, that sucks.

we dont have benefits. . no PTO/Sickpay, vacation, holidays, nothing. they do offer health ins..but its crazy expensive and I have mine through DH.

she told me they get 10 days that they can take off for the year.. they are salaried so they get paid for them I guess. I dunno.

we all are eligible for bonuses- we usually get them june & dec.. we didn't get them last june, i guess the dr thought we sucked. but we did get them in June.. i was moved into the administrative category for bonuses, so mine was more then the receptionists, or non admin staff... (which was nice)... but thats about it for benefits.

she said she is going to tell him she doesn't want to be salaried anymore.. he's not going to go for that.