Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR - Fringe

So I started watching this show when it premiered several weeks ago.  I love Joshua Jackson and that is mostly why I started watching, but I had also read somewhere that this show was supposed to be pretty good.  I've watched the first three episodes (I think, I've seen all of them that have been on) but I'm just not loving it.  There are parts that I like but other parts seem just too strange and there is so much going on!  I've been thinking about not watching it anymore but I want to give it a fair chance.

Has anyone else watched this?  What are your thoughts on it? 

imageimageimage

Re: NBR - Fringe

• DH & I gave up after the first episode! If I heard Sweetie or Sweetheart one more time, ugh...
  • We love it. ?Do you have a high weird tolerance anyway? ?It's pretty out there, so if you're not normally into sci-fi x-files-esque things, it may just not be your cup of tea! ?
  • image ShootingStarKRB:
    We love it.  Do you have a high weird tolerance anyway?  It's pretty out there, so if you're not normally into sci-fi x-files-esque things, it may just not be your cup of tea!

I would say thatI have a medium tolerance for sci-fi things. I used to watch the X-Files but aside from that the genre is not my normal thing.  I almost think it is the non sci-fi things that bother me more in this series.  Like whatever illegal things Joshua Jackson's character is in.  I just feel like there are too many secondary stories going on.

imageimageimage
  • Dh and I love it!  However, we were both big X-files fans (yep, we're total geeks & nerds!) - many times the first few episodes are tough...maybe don't give up on it yet.  I remember with Alias, I hated it at first, but once I got past the first 5 or 6 episodes then I got sucked in.
  • Fringe is becoming one of my shows to watch on tuesdays now--it makes it easier that it comes on after House too.  I have a high tolerane for SCI/FI weird stuff so I enjoy fringe and all their story lines even if its hard to follow at times.
  • This is actually my favorite new show this year and I usually am not a big fan of sci-fi.  I think I like this one because it's so different from anything else on right now.

TTC since Oct 2008. 2010 endo found and removed, 2 IUI's IUI#3 becoming IVF#1 ER on 9-9-10, ET on 9-15 anb beta 9-23 BFN, 3-21-12 moving on to IVF#2 with a shared risk program ER 5-7-12 and 5DT on 5-12-12 After 3 1/2 years we had a positive beta 5-21. Heart beat 6-11, no heart beat at 8 weeks 6-19. D&C 6-22. Aug FET on 8-16 hpt bfp on 7dp5dt! Aug 2012 Decreased beta resulted in c/p onto IVF#3 Nov 2012. +hpt on 6dp5dt, so far third time was the charm. Baby B due July 29th 2013! image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image