Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

YoungLove (HP spoilers depending on responses)

I was gone for several days in Big Sur without internet. Did I miss you realizing why we were "laughing" at you regarding H.P?

image Emily 7-10-04
My Food Blog Visit The Nest!

Re: YoungLove (HP spoilers depending on responses)

• She figured it out later in that thread.  lol

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• YES!

And it broke my little heart! Broken Heart

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It all comes full circle in the end.  :o)

• image Young_Love:

YES!

And it broke my little heart! Broken Heart

Haha. Now you need to go see the movie!  

image Emily 7-10-04
  • I'm trying to figure out when to watch the movies. Right now I think I'm going to wait until I read all of the books.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Young_Love:
    I'm trying to figure out when to watch the movies. Right now I think I'm going to wait until I read all of the books.

That's an idea. One thing that I was happy about was that I had seen the movies first---so 1) the books were better than the movie so I wasn't disappointed and 2) I already had an image of the movie characters in my mind as I was reading so that wasn't a disappointment either.

The movies are good though---I hope you won't be disappointed.  

image Emily 7-10-04
  • Actually, the movies are what got me into the books.

• image RevJen:
    Actually, the movies are what got me into the books.

Ditto. 

image Emily 7-10-04
  • image Emily227:

image RevJen:
    Actually, the movies are what got me into the books.

Ditto. 

Me too! I  actually was a senior in HS and I worked at the local movie theater when HP1 came out. We had a special midnight showing for the movie and theater employees were allowed to bring one guest. I had no desire to go my mom really wanted to see it.  She is a 4th grade teacher and the books were popular with her kids so she had read them all.  So we went (on a school night even I think which I thought was really fun at the time) and I loved it!  So the next day I made my mom bring the books home for me and I read them all in like a week.  I think HP4 had just come out a couple months prior.

imageimageimage
  • I was in college and had quite a few friends that had read the books but I refused. A friend and I wanted to see a movie and the only thing out was HP2...so I saw the second movie first! I loved it and watched the 1st movie and started the books the next summer. I read them in 2 weeks and waited another 2 weeks for the 5th book to come out.
    Baby Merlin! image Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker