Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Obama..coming to GR Thursday

• If I didn't have to work I'd be interested in going to see what he has to say directly from him and not the bits & pieces that the media feeds us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poor Keri!  She's going to miss him.  Eh, never mind.  I'm sure Hawaii is keeping her plenty busy.

Andrea, there's plenty of other ways to see what he has to say than the media.  Check out what he's put out there at: http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • oooooooo!!!  I FACE Calder Plaza at work!  Too bad there's trees, but still. 
  • Canceling my dentist appt as we speak...
  • I"ve already taken sooo many days off work lately. Gosh darn it.
  • I think I'm going to have to head out to this...no subbing for me on Thursday I guess. Smile
  • Interesting. I was working downtown when Kerry was there and it was so cool to go and see him. If it's not crappy out then maybe I'll try to head down.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • Awesome!  My co-worker and I are going to walk down  :)
    "All of this is crazy, and amazing" -Mat Kearney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~ personal blog~ * ~ photography blog ~
  • image MissyNa:
    Interesting. I was working downtown when Kerry was there and it was so cool to go and see him. If it's not crappy out then maybe I'll try to head down.

Kerry was here more than once, but I wonder if we were at the same rally?  Was it like 100 degrees that day?  I was close to passing out at one of his rally's, and it wasn't mainly due to political fever.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image GRsweetpea:

image MissyNa:
    Interesting. I was working downtown when Kerry was there and it was so cool to go and see him. If it's not crappy out then maybe I'll try to head down.

Kerry was here more than once, but I wonder if we were at the same rally?  Was it like 100 degrees that day?  I was close to passing out at one of his rally's, and it wasn't mainly due to political fever.

Yes! That was the one! I walked down with the one attorney in the firm that was a Democrat. He ran into a Judge he is really good friends with and the Judge got us into the VIP area. Big Smile I didn't get to meet Kerry but it was nice to be pretty close and to not be overly crowded.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005