Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Closing Ceremonies

On behalf of my country, I am embarrassed by that ridiculously cheesy musical number.

Re: Closing Ceremonies

• Will you also apologize for the Mario Brothers mime?
  • And will you also apologize for Nickelback?  Not just one particular performance, but just in general
  • image shanollee:
    And will you also apologize for Nickelback?  Not just one particular performance, but just in general

Will you marry me?

• Nickelback isn't there, are they?  I need to get my earplugs ready if they are.

If the cheesy musical number you're referring to involved making pictures out of snowboards, we're just not going to see eye to eye here.  I'm a dork with memories of marching band.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Nickelback is not there. Although I do apologize for them. I do with everything within me. Though I know it's not enough. 
  • image shanollee:
    And will you also apologize for Nickelback?  Not just one particular performance, but just in general

Awww, I thought the mime joke and the cheesy musical were awesome.  I didn't realize that Nickelback is Canada.  I would say you should be ashamed but we foisted Creed on the world so....

• Nickelback was indeedy advertised as performing.
  • image FallinAgain:

image shanollee:

Awww, I thought the mime joke and the cheesy musical were awesome.  I didn't realize that Nickelback is Canada.  I would say you should be ashamed but we foisted Creed on the world so....

Hey... yeah, this is all your fault!

The song in the music part was ok, and the girls had lovely voices. The performance with all of the dramatic movements and camera gazing were what made me cringe. I'm pretty sure those girls were Quebecois though, which would explain that a little. 

• I too enjoyed the dancing snowboards and miming of the mistake. I like that we can laugh at a mistake.

This part is draggin' and I hope nickleback does not sing. 

image Josephine is 4.
  • No more operatic singing.  Just show more happy Olympians!
  • image FallinAgain:
    No more operatic singing.  Just show more happy Olympians!

What about Neil YOung? 

image Josephine is 4.
  • I haven't gotten to him yet. But of the ones I've seen advertised, he is the best.
  • Michael J. Fox.
    image Josephine is 4.
  • Moose, beaver, lumberjack, check.  BUT WHERE ARE THE POLAR BEARS?

I'm also loving NBC's ability to find the least excited people in the crowd.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • I was feeling a little embarrassed about the giant spectacle of inflated mounties, moose and beavers, but then I had to laugh. We are just incapable of taking ourselves seriously for very long. We've had to be serious for a whole month now, goofing on ourselves was long overdue. 

I friggin love me some Michael J Fox and Michael Buble. 

I can't believe the awful music lineup we've had so far representing us. Neil needs to come and save this. 

• The US switched to a new Jerry Seinfeld game(?) show to spare us from Avril and Nickelback.
  • image FallinAgain:
    The US switched to a new Jerry Seinfeld game(?) show to spare us from Avril and Nickelback.

That was super kind of them. 

I loved the Canadian spectacle with the dancing moose and beaver. It's great. Well done us. Let us just forget about some of the performances. 

image Josephine is 4.
  • I forgot to set the DVR, and missed it, I was celebrating the win by having E ake me out ot see that Valentine's Day movie.  Cheesy, but wha I waned and needed.  How I love Bradley Cooper.
  • It's almost 10:00 here. I haven't seen any inflated mounties. I'm feeling very cheated.

• image FallinAgain:

image shanollee:

Thank you, fallin.  It's the closing ceremopnies, it's supposed to be cheeserific.  And we followed up with Neil Young, so suck on that.

• i love michael buble. he can rip his clothes off anytime
    Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • So the Olympics are over?  I never did watch any of it.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Thank goodness.  I'm running low on shows to watch on my TiVo.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton