Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How would your husband react?

My boss pretty much told everyone at work today her husband was having a vasectomy (Including parents). We are a really close community but it is still something I don't want to know about him.

Her Facebook status message is "got the frozen peas out" with tons of comments from friends and some parents she is close to acting like this is totally normal.

Does anyone else find this bizarre

Re: How would your husband react?

• beyond bizarre. I think you know what a private person my H is. He would feel betrayed.
  • I can understand mentioning it to people you're close to, but to everyone?  That's weird.  I'd be responding with, "I'll be sure to update the chart I keep tracking everyone's fertility status."
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • is your company close enough to discuss birth control methods?  I couldn't imagine.  "so.  decided to switch to ortho-tri because the low gave me red period blood spotting mid-cycle.  do I have any messages?"

my H would be pissed. 

• My H would put that as his own FB status. Sigh.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • my office is close enough to discuss birth control. shoot, my coworker friend today told me her daughter lost her mucous plug and I didn't bat an eye. But sharing MY information is one thing. It is up to my H what info of his gets shared.

• For some reason, I don't find that all that weird.  I find it as strange that people are FB friends with their boss. 

ETA: I don't find it that weird to tell co-workers, probably b/c they don't know him or care. I find it weird to post on FB where people he knows can see it.

• image FallinAgain:

For some reason, I don't find that all that weird.  I find it as strange that people are FB friends with their boss. 

ETA: I don't find it that weird to tell co-workers, probably b/c they don't know him or care. I find it weird to post on FB where people he knows can see it.

Don't you also agree calling it "frozen peas" is also weird. if you don't I will judge you.

• Honestly we are really close. It is a small place (1 director, 5 full time teachers and 4 part time) and the teachers especially are really close but our boss has always been our boss. We like her but aren't all buddy buddy with her. Like yea, she knows J and me don't want kids till our 30s but she doesn't know we use condoms and the pill.

I also think in general her line of professionalism when it comes to her being both a parent and a director has been shady but still this crossed some weird line. I see her husband daily I mean, am suppose to ask how he is feeling?

• I also, as a parent, would feel really uncomfortable if my child's care director shared that unless we were close friends and would possibly consider not taking my child there anymore.
  • Right Winged! I mean she is very close with some parents but she said "Off to get my husband sipped!" to us this morning while parents were standing there. This one dad looked so uncomfortable.
  • B is a very open person so i just asked him and he said, "Its not a shameful thing- I don't think I would care.  It's not like the vanity of saying he had a nosejob or something.  Maybe they're really happy they can have all the unprotected sex they want without the fear of getting pregnant."
  • image wingedbride:
    image FallinAgain:

For some reason, I don't find that all that weird.  I find it as strange that people are FB friends with their boss. 

Don't you also agree calling it "frozen peas" is also weird. if you don't I will judge you.

Um, that's so weird that I didn't get it.  I thought she meant real frozen peas, like to use as an ice pack (and then throw away, please for the love of all things not $1000 mom).

• image wingedbride:

BAHAHAHAHA. Oh Winged.

They recommend that dudes use frozen peas on their snipped junk as an ice pack. "Getting out the frozen peas" means she got him an ice pack.

Unless you understood that and still think that's the weird part, in which case I really don't get you. ;)

The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • haha, i thought she was calling his balls frozen peas! hahahha

and yes, i realize the vasectomy doesn't remove the balls, but i just assumed she was doing the "there's a baby in my tummy" thing.

• LMAO!  Oh Winger....you're hilarious even when you don't mean to be.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • DH told quite a few people, including his 13 year old son. :lanie face:  But that was his choice.  And since my H is pretty open about it, I know he wouldn't be bothered by me telling people.  But I can't imagine him posting it on FB.  It wouldn't occur to him to do that.

And according to my MIL, frozen corn is better.  Supposedly it stays frozen longer.

•  I was searching my brain for a "frozen peas' genital connection. I too interpreted it as an ice pack. Crazy winged. 
    image Josephine is 4.
  • Bahahahaa Winger! That tickled me to no end. We've had several convos about vasectomies in my office, but we are super casual. One lady's husband got a vasectomy as her birthday present.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I'm in winged's camp.  I did not make the ice pack connection at first.
  • I'm kind of all about TMI, but that's even TMI for me.  I can't imagine her H would be happy about her broadcasting this on FB.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • image PDXPhotoGrl:
    My H would put that as his own FB status. Sigh.

Me too PDX, me too.

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Very odd. What mh does with his penis is not open for discussion at work or on fb. H wouldn't appreciate me making it public knowledge either.
    Mimi to May Babies: William Gabriel Martin '07, Morgan Ana Terese '10
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/1z5lzrs.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://sedf.lilyslim.com/Npc2m8.png?4FFbS3Lm[/IMG]