Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

YAY CANADIAN WOMEN!

I'm very, very proud of our hockey team.   Great game last night.

I'm not so impressed with the IOC.   So they had some celebratory cocktails on ice after everyone left.   Let them enjoy it FFS.

Re: YAY CANADIAN WOMEN!

• Yeah, the uproar over the beers and cigars is ridiculous.

They were so cute during the medal ceremony and MAN did I get chills when the entire arena sang along with them. 

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I hate to play the sex card but if men were smoking cigars and having a few beers I think it would not have even been addressed. Stupid IOC.

• I still think it was redonk that the snowboarder got sent home for partying it up with girls and his metal.
  • Yeah the fact they are being admonished is ridiculous.  And for that snowboarder, I am sure far worse things have been done while partying with medals, but that was before camera phones.  I think he should have been allowed to stay, but offer an apology for the pics.
  • image FallinAgain:
    I still think it was redonk that the snowboarder got sent home for partying it up with girls and his metal.

That's ridiculous about the celebration. The IOC are a bunch of nuts. They're a ok with russian doping but not ok with some celebrating after a gold medal? Sure it could have been done more discretely but come on. Obviously it was just because it was a Canadian crowd, I don't think they'd have been busting it open mid ice if it were in Boston. I was so proud of them. And Jo was watching some recaps with me this morning and says "SHE SCORES" now whenever the buzzer sounds, men or women's hockey games. Its cute. I can't wait to get Jo into Hockey. Timbits hockey here we come.

image Josephine is 4.
  • I don't even think he should have to apologize.  He won the medal.  It's his. He was on personal time.  He was doing nothing remotely illegal.
  • I really cannot wait for Jo to be skating.  She will be adorable.  Will Lila also be joining her?
  • Those pics make me love the canadian women's hockey team even more. IOC is a bunch of fuddy-duddies

Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • One of my college friends FB post:

"is throwing up virtual high-five's to the CDN women's hockey team, both for winning gold and partying like rockstars post-game..."

• image 2bMrsEAB:
    I really cannot wait for Jo to be skating.  She will be adorable.  Will Lila also be joining her?

Absolutely.   Lanie and I will be in the crowd drinking peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate together.

• Will really likes hockey. I think he's going to be disappointed when it's not on every day. When he gets up from his nap he says, "Mommy? Lympics? Okay!"  Every time someone crashes into someone else he shouts "Oh no!"

And I missed what happened with the IOC - did they just admonish them for celebrating publicly or something?

• image samfish2bcrab:

image 2bMrsEAB:
    I really cannot wait for Jo to be skating.  She will be adorable.  Will Lila also be joining her?

Absolutely.   Lanie and I will be in the crowd drinking peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate together.

Sam and I plan on transforming slowly, but surely into the typical Canadian hockey mom. I won't have a mullet until the girls hit double A. I think Sam will follow suit.

image Josephine is 4.
  • image lanie30:
    image samfish2bcrab:

image 2bMrsEAB:

Sam and I plan on transforming slowly, but surely into the typical Canadian hockey mom. I won't have a mullet until the girls hit double A. I think Sam will follow suit.

Did you SEE the mullet on the women's hockey coach?  tres impressive

• image samfish2bcrab:
    image lanie30:
    image samfish2bcrab:

image 2bMrsEAB:

Did you SEE the mullet on the women's hockey coach?  tres impressive

To have that kind of committment. You know? Go into the salon and say "take it all off the top, and leave it lonnnnggg."

Impressive indeed. We have time Sam. We have time. Now that I've moved to a truck yard at work, I'm having more practice with my swearing and shouting. I'm certain I'll be in top form to punch a coach for not giving Jo more ice time in 5 years or less.

image Josephine is 4.
  • OK...I had written this long post about how I missed outdoor rinks, and how the rinks here are too serious, and not homey like the ones at home, and the stupid Nest ate it.
  • Jo and Lila in hockey gear might kill me.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I'm not sure the mullet would be so bad on me.   I may stick with a perm and a Kenora Dinner Jacket

• image samfish2bcrab:

I'm not sure the mullet would be so bad on me.   I may stick with a perm and a Kenora Dinner Jacket

Oh, Sam say it won't be so.  That is the Chateauguay look for us Quebecers. Also, as someone who grew up in Canada without Tim Horton's (not in Quebec until I was older) do Timbits Hockey get Timbits for the parents while they watch? 

• image 2bMrsEAB:
    image samfish2bcrab:

I'm not sure the mullet would be so bad on me.   I may stick with a perm and a Kenora Dinner Jacket

Oh, Sam say it won't be so.  That is the Chateauguay look for us Quebecers. Also, as someone who grew up in Canada without Tim Horton's (not in Quebec until I was older) do Timbits Hockey get Timbits for the parents while they watch? 

I don't think so.  I think you have to pony up the 30 cents like the other obese folk