Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where to buy a flat screen?

Any suggestions of where to look for a flat screen television besides Best Buy, H H Gregg or Sears?

TIA! 

Re: Where to buy a flat screen?

• Do you or anyone you know have a costco membership?

They have a 2 year return policy whereas most retail/electronic stores only give you 90 days.  If you need suggestions, Samsung and Sony are very good.  Oh, and most stores will be discounting their lcd tvs, to make room for the new led ones.  Hope that helps :) 

• We purchased ours in November from Amazon.com after viewing it in Best Buy, (from, not through - the seller was Amazon), and we were pleased with our experience. Amazon had the cheapest price by several hundred dollars that we were able to find in any brick-and-mortar store and any other online retailer, we got a free Blu-ray and HD DVD player with our order, free shipping, free in-home setup, and we didn't have to pay state taxes. Their service was great, too. They delivered and set-up the TV ON Thanksgiving Day because they knew we wanted it for Thanksgiving. (Yes, we gave the delivery men a huge tip.) GL!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • we got ours from sam's club. we have been very pleased with it. 
  •  I second Costco
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We buy most of our electronics from Crutchfield.  (www.crutchfield.com)  They have a huge selection, offer reviews on all products, and typically offer extremely competitive pricing.  They also offer free shipping and delivery.  I also think they finance if you need that.  If anything is broken they replace for free.  

If you are really looking for a deal they also have 'open box' specials which are TVs that work fine but have been returned. 

We've had all of our TVs delivered for free with no issues. (30", 42" and 70") 

• Third costco.  We bought a 55" LCD HDTV there in the fall.  They have good prices, return policy, and warrenty policy.
  • We bought ours from Walmart.  Vizio is really cheap and really good picture quality.  We also have an Insignia
  • We just bought one at Sam's.  We ended up buying one that had been returned and paid $478!  I'm on my dad'sbusiness plus membership so we got a 3 year extended warranty for the price of a 2 year.  My dad has had to return his tv twice so I figured a cheap extended warranty was worth it.
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • We are going through this same process right now! My husband researched and researched like crazy to find the best deal.

We ended up getting a 37" Toshiba LCD from newegg.com. It was $200.00 off (so we got it for $499), free shipping and also we got 1.5% cash back through ebates so that was nice too.

We viewed the televisions we liked first at Walmart, HH Gregg, Sony Store and Best Buy. It definitely helps to see them in person first - my husband liked to check out all the angles, and I just want to make sure it didn't look ugly haha!

I'd also recommend when you're browsing online at prices to get the Firefox add on (it's also an IE add on) Price Advance - it will automatically search all over the web when you are at a page and return other price results - so you can make sure you're looking at the most affordable and not the most expensive.

• Ditto Samsung and Sony. We checked out Sam's, Best buy, and HH Gregg. At BB and HHG, the salespeople will sometimes bargain with you if you tell them you got a good price quote elsewhere.