Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend your realtor

I know there was recently a post about best place to live... but I don't remember seeing recently anything about recommending realtors or real estate companies.

My husband and I are going to start looking for our first home so we are kind of in the market for a good, not pushy realtor. We want someone who's going to listen and not push his or her own personal preferences on us.

So - anyone know a good realtor?

TIA! 

ETA - We live in the Covington area and are looking to stay in Northern Kentucky when we move, but we have also considered OTR (Gateway Quarter) if that helps with suggestions. 

Re: Recommend your realtor

• Dan Grote with Hoeting Realtors. His office is in Bridgetown (west side of Cincy) but he is certified in OH and KY. He's awesome, especially with first time homebuyers like myself and DH. He also helped my sister find a house and is now helping my co-worker with her first home. Good luck!
  • We loved loved LOVED our realtor Pat(ricia) Chrysler with Remax.  She is licensed in OH and KY and has many years of experience buying  and selling homes throughout the area. 

We were first time home buyers and she took extra time to educate us in the process and when we went out to look at houses with her she would tell us things to look for (like how to tell if hardwood floor was site finished or pre-finished) and had an extreme eye for detail (if there might be somethign wrong w/ the house).  We really enjoyed our time with Pat...it was a fun process and we really consider her a friend.

Her site is www.athomewithpat.com

FWIW when we were trying to pick a realtor we interviewed 3 of them (all from recos) and chose the one tht we felt most comfortable with and thought would do the best job.  At the very least you should call/setup a meeting with her.  Tell her Chris & Christine say hello! (we don't get any kick back or anything but enjoyed her services so much that it's our way of saying thanks!)

Good luck!

• Sam Toebbe with Huff Realty!! She grew up in ky so she definitely knows the area well. She is awesome and super fun and very easy going- she doesn't put pressure on you to buy at all. Her bf is a cincinnati cop, so she definitely knows the good and bad areas of town and can weed out all the misconceptions people have about certain areas of downtown and OTR. I would definitely email her and see if she can help you out with anything!! GL!!

[email protected]

Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I rec Lori Kempton....she was our realtor for our first home and she was amazing!  There was never ever a time when we had a question that she didn't do everything in her power to get us as much information as we wanted or needed.  She took us to see a ton of homes and always had time for us whether it was over the phone or in person.  Give her a call and i'm sure you'll love her too!  Here's all her info...Good luck!  

Lori Kempton,  ePRO small

Real Estate Agent

RE/MAX Unlimited

7360 Liberty One Drive

Liberty Township, Ohio  45044

513-280-0360 Cellular

513-759-4000 Office

513-332-9277 Fax

[email protected]

• Lori is actually on certified in OH...sorry, just saw that last line of your post saying you wanted to stay in KY!  
  • Thank you so much for all the recommendations! These are some great starting points :)