Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Additional Insurance for Jewlery etc.

yup I'm a PW about insurance. Just trying to take care of things that should have been taken care of long ago :) {hanging head in shame...} I never got an insurance policy on my wedding/E ring but keep thinking about how I should because if I remember correctly my insurance policy includes jewlery up to $2,000 but that is it. My ring isn't worth a ton I'm sure but I have tons of other jewlery in the house too so I know it wouldn't all be covered automatically.

So my question do you have addition policies for other items in your house? How did you go about doing this? Have your ring appraised then call your insurance company to add it? Is it expensive? Anyone NOT have theirs insured? TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: Additional Insurance for Jewlery etc.

• We have a Valuable Personal Property rider on our homeowners insurance to cover my wedding and engagement rings. The same rider can cover other unusual things you might have such as original artwork, antiques, etc. My insurance company only required a detailed description of the pieces and the price we paid for them. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have a rider on our policy for my rings alone. We figure the rest of the jewerly in the house will be covered under the 2k window. If you have expensive pieces just like Moesten stated, i would include those as well. We keep a detailed list of our electronics and the purchase price and dates as well as our kitchen equipment and supplies (this is where dh spends most of his time and money) for replacement purposes.
  • We also have a rider for my rings and it's pretty cheap. I gave them the actual sales receipts but since it was over $5,000 they made me have an appraisal done. I just sent them the appraisal and that was it. I know the rider is less than $100/year, I think it's around $90.00
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We got a seperate policy for our expensive jewlery.  We didn't want to get dinged/dropped on our house Ins if anything happened to the jewlery
    TTC since Oct 2008 Me =43, DH =45 Dx = Intermittant Ovarian Failure, High FSH, DOR Pursuing DE since Oct 2010 PAIF/SAIF welcome. DE IVF 12/10/11, we transferred 2 embryos on day 3, 1 grade A 8 cell and 1 grade A 4 cell. 1st Beta = 890 on 12/23/11. 2nd beta = 10,967 on 12/28/11. 1st U/S 1/11/12 TWINS! Both with 139 hb.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;20732;34/st/20120829/k/e513/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • We have a rider on our homeowner's insurnace. We get a discount on it since we have car and home with them, but we pay around $100-150 for my e-ring and wedding band, which are insured for a pretty large amount.

We just faxed the appraisal forms on both rings to our insurance company, and that was it.

• We have a rider on our homeowner's insurance for my e-ring as well.  I think it's around $10 per $1000 a year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker