Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vacation Opinions - Clicky Poll Inside

Soooo...I've been trying to plan my big vacation for this year and while doing so I've seen my dream cruise go up in price from $1299 to $1499 to $1639 in a matter of a couple of weeks (and in the Fall I swear I saw it for $1099).  Given the price increase I think I have to call that dream dead for this year and am back to the drawing board...

We would do up to a week in Germany either before or after to visit my DH's Uncle.  Cost of flights is generally about the same for all itineraries so weather and destinations are going to be key I think...

[Poll]

Re: Vacation Opinions - Clicky Poll Inside

• I picked the Royal Carribean because I would LOVE, LOVE to go to Greece and you get to visit more places and spend less days at Sea on that option than you do on the first.  Sounds like a blast!
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dubrovnik is supposed to be one of the absolute BEST cities in Europe. I vote for that.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttceb9a.aspx[/img][/url]
  • There's no option for all 3...

That's a hard choice! I would pick the one that you haven't been to those countries before.
    I picked #3 for that reason, but if you haven't been to any of the countries I would go to Italy and Greece.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2vjbzls.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Lauren&Joe:
    Dubrovnik is supposed to be one of the absolute BEST cities in Europe. I vote for that.

Do you think those destinations would be cold (and/or rainy) in April, though?  That's my main concern with that particular itinerary...

image katpres06:

There's no option for all 3...

That's a hard choice! I would pick the one that you haven't been to those countries before.
    I picked #3 for that reason, but if you haven't been to any of the countries I would go to Italy and Greece.

I wish!  We went to W. Mediterranean last year - Barcelona, 3 Ports in Italy (but not Venice), Cannes (France), and Malta...I think all the ports in all itineraries are new for us!

• I would definitely take any cruise involving Greece and Croatia.  Dubrovnik was a fantastic city...great sight seeing, really reasonable prices, and amazing Gelato!  I have been to Greece many times due to my DH but I would say you should see Athens from a historical standpoint and definitely the islands because that is where all the fun is! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Lauren&Joe:
    Dubrovnik is supposed to be one of the absolute BEST cities in Europe. I vote for that.

our HM cruise stopped here and it was BEAUTIFUL!  I want to go back.

We also went to Olympia and it was kind of meh.  A bit boring.  Izmir - are you going to Ephesus?  Otherwise, not much to see.

ETA: we were there in late april, and it was in the high 60s, low 70s.  Jeans and tee shirt weather, perfect IMO.

• image Meg41208:

Izmir - are you going to Ephesus?  Otherwise, not much to see.

ETA: we were there in late april, and it was in the high 60s, low 70s.  Jeans and tee shirt weather, perfect IMO.

Yes, probably would go to Ephesus (the itinerary has Ephesus in the parenthesis so I'm assuming it's close enough to do so).

Good to know about the weather, thanks!  When we went last year (W. Mediterannean) it was probably about the same temperature.  A little warmer would have been nice for swimming but for sightseeing and walking around I agree it was great!

• image Christine.Louie:

Yes, probably would go to Ephesus (the itinerary has Ephesus in the parenthesis so I'm assuming it's close enough to do so).

IIRC, Ephesus was about an hour from Izmir.  We had signed up for the excursion through the cruise line to go there and to the house of the Virgin Mary.  Ephesus was pretty cool.

• We went to Dubrovnik for part of our honeymoon and it was soooo beautiful!!  We drove up the coast of Croatia (visiting my DH great grandmother's old house) and it was such a goregous place to visit!  We also spent the majority of our honeymoon in Italy and it was a trip of a lifetime - I highly recommend picking Italy and Croatia!! :)

image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
  • Thanks for all your opinions!  Until this post I had NO idea about Croatia being beautiful, esp. Dubrovnik.  In the end, other factors played into us not picking that particular itinerary but it is not on my list of places to see in the future.

We booked the 7 Nt. Royal Cruise on Splendour of the Seas tonight.  Woo hoo!  Now I just need to book our flights, Germany side trip, and hotel in Venice.  So excited!