Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Home phone and Internet options

Okay ladies...

I feel like we're getting ROBBED by Cincinnati Bell every month with what we pay for phone and internet.

What are my options out there?  We only use our house for for alarm system monitoring.  We NEVER make calls on it.  Our wireless high-speed internet is super important to us.  Who else is out there that we can use for and doesn't cost a ton?  We live in Morrow/Maineville.

THANKS!!!

Re: Home phone and Internet options

• We have everything bundled with Time Warner and the only reason I keep them is I think their internet is faster than Cincy Bell. I KNOW we are getting robbed every month for what we pay for cable/phone/internet, but like I said they have the fastest internet that we have tried so that is why we stay with them. As a new customer you are able to get better deals with TWC so you may give them a call and see if they can do anything for you.

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My vote is play them against each other.  Negotiate- because they will.  We were able to slash our bill at work by 50%!
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also need to mention that my husband is not willing to part with DirecTV.  So a bundle with cable is out.
  • We don't have a land line but use TWC RR for Internet.  You can easily call them up and say you're going to cancel b/c competitor (CB) is running a promo of $XX.  They usually reduce your bill for a like 6 mths (after which you could call again if you really wanted...).  I bet CB would do something similar if you tried the reverse.
  • Cincinnati Bell is willing to negotiate as long as you are serious about the switch. I just did this with our wireless. They quoted us one amount and now our bill is like 40 bucks higher. Needless to say, its gone back down.
  • We have roadrunner for internet and then do VOIP with vonage for our home phone. The problem with that is that if the cable goes out, then so does your phone, and thus your alarm system--don't know if that would cause a lot of issues??

Our cable service doesn't go out that often (we're in Mason), but we set up our vonage account to roll calls to DH's cell if they can't get through.

The Fluffy Cat says... "Boxes are the best toys ever invented!"
  • We did cincy bell and bundled our direct tv, phone and internet through them. We are playing about the same as we did when we were bundled with Time Warner- we are due for a "re-negotiation" call.
  • We use Century Link (formally Embarq) they are amazing. We did have TWC but after multi fights and arguments we had with them. We both love Century Link never had a problem with anything. Our cable is with Dish and we get a $10.00 since Dish works with Century Link. Good Luck.