Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who is your mortgage company?

We are looking to refinance our home and I am trying to do some research on the rates.

We currently use Third Federal and while we've had great service, we don't have their required 20% equity in our home to use them for our refinance.

I know there are a billion companies I've never heard of out there, so I want to hear them!

Jenn & Jason
September 27, 2008
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who is your mortgage company?

• We use US Bank, we bought our house in May 2008 and it was the lowest rate then. My brother and SIL also use US Bank, who had the lowest rate when they bought their house in May 2009. US Bank is a very large company and is doing very very well financially, much more so than any other local bank in the area.
  • I used Citimortgage with my first home but with our current home we have Wells Fargo.
  • We used a broker, and we were told up front that our mortgage would either go to US Bank or 5/3 depending on the bid.  It went to 5/3.  He tried to make sure that it would go to a bank where it wouldn't be sold a bunch just because that's frustrating.  We owned our condo for ~18 mos and had 3 or 4 different mortgage companies during that time span.  So we were really happy to not have to deal with that... 

Overall I've been happy with 5/3.  I like the convenience of having my banking all in one spot.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did our mortgage with Quicken Loans and then it got sold to US Bank. so far, so good.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Ours is through First Financial and we have been very happy w/ them so far--my parents and grandparents and myself have done some personal banking w/ them (grandparents banking involved very large sums of money/stocks/ etc. and they always liked them--hence us going to them 1st when looking for a mortgage, they were able to offer the best rates after we had a broker look for us too)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • There is Bank of America but we will be going through 5/3 due to the best deals since DH works for them. 
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Ours is with wells fargo. we are looking at refinancing with them again.

FYI, I don't know why that is in italics. 

• the house we live in is financed thru National City (soon to be PNC)

our rental house is financed thru CitiMortgage

• My mortgage (our now rental property) was through Union Savings Bank which sold the mortgage to US Bank. 

Our current mortgage is through Bank of America. 

Visit The Nest!