North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Home owner's insurance?

Has any heard of or have Florida Family Insurance? or St. John's insurance? We are looking to get quotes and ideas. We have state farms with our auto,life, and renters: but the aren't writing any polices. TIA

Re: Home owner's insurance?

• I haven't heard of either of them.  Have you tried Allstate or AAA?  If you're buying a home, does your real estate agent or loan officer have any recommendations?
  • We have Florida Farm Bureau.  They were not writing homeowner's policies on houses as old as ours when we were buying, but they made an exception when we also offered them our life ins. and auto insurance.

Good luck!  I remember this was a PITA when we bought our house!

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • I've never heard of the first one, but my office writes through St. Johns Insurance and it's a good company.  All insurance companies have a rating with AM Best and you definitely want a company with an A or better rating, which St. Johns is and has been for awhile.  GL!
  • There is a member in my networking group who does all that who has been a life saver to several others in my group. I plan on using him soon, myself, right after the wedding.

His name is Daniel Miller and he is with Brightway Insurance. Their goal is to save you as much money, without sacrificing coverage! He knows all the little loopholes that other insurance companies use to give you a good rate but that lack in specific coverage that is very important. I highly suggest you call him.

If you like, I would be more than happy to put you two in touch. You can email me at rine80 (at) bellsouth (dot) net

Liz

• I know 2 people who sell insurance. You can email me if you wish and I can give you the contact info.

jhartman508 at gmail . com