Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The 2nd Trimester board

is full of OPSEC dumbasses.

Military spouses with last names in their siggies and tickers (Baby Lastname is on the way!), the base they live on, and posts like, "H is coming home from deployment this weekend!"

Ojo's lessons learned:

Don't go to the bump.  Ever.

Spouse training is way more important than the military realizes.

Twin boys due 7/25/12

Re: The 2nd Trimester board

• I saw that today too, Ojo. Made me want to scream. Tempted to go over there with an OPSEC PSA? I am.
    2010 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:37:15
    2011 AthensGAHalf official time: 2:33:31

Ze Blog
  • I ran away screaming and have no desire to go back.  The two posts I looked at appeared to be full of hormones.

"Eff you, HORMONES!"

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I'm being cranky tonight. I think I can take them. Muahahahaha

Ze Blog
  • Why not just PM the mod and ask her to handle it...?
  • OMG. One of them is 19. Guh.

Ze Blog
  • image Leah_Lou:
    Why not just PM the mod and ask her to handle it...?

There's an idea.

To be honest though. It's rampant all over the bump.

Ze Blog
  • Yeah, I know.

Most of them genuinely just don't know. I would shoot the mod a pm about it. It'll be better coming from someone they know than a random.

• That's a better idea.  I'll PM her.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Most of the ladies probably don't know that they are giving out alot of information. Sending a PM is a good idea, maybe they can then pass the information on to other wives.

Photobucket
  • I'm totally with you.  omg.  I am starting to check over there more regularly, and it makes me want to spoon out my eyeballs.  I'm going to have to start saying something because it just makes me so uncomfortable to see OPSEC and PERSEC violations.
  •  I know what you mean.  I see people posting the full names they want for their kids, or the names of spouses all the time.  I can't believe how much information people actually want to give away. 
  • I'd love to see OJO or any of the other girls go on there and post something like ''I now know (persons sn) location, social security number etc because of THIS information you so easily give out''

However, Leah made a GREAT point of PMing the MOD over there and having them handle it. I have not seen that board yet but am interested now and will go check it out...

image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~