Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dear _______ Thursday

The things you wish you could say to someone, but really can't? Put 'em here. (But remember this post won't be deleted.)

Re: Dear _______ Thursday

• Dear 2nd Sinus/Upper Respiratory infection in a month,

I'm a good person. I take my vitamins, don't party, don't stay up too late, don't smoke, drink plenty of water, and love and spoil my dog. Why do you insist on infecting me? I can think of dozens of twatwaffles that you would enjoy hanging out with and dozens of other people that would thank you for infecting those said TW's. Please leave me the eff alone.

Sincerely,
    Thanks to you I haven't been to the gym in 5 weeks and my a$$ is a planet

• Dear Self,

Seriously?  Get it together!  You know what I mean.

-me 

• I got a few!!

Dear work,

I was on vacation this week and I had my out of office reply on. Please don't email that you need my boss's signature.  Contact him directly as he is in the office this week. Also, I sent you two emails before I left I would be gone.

-from your vacation bound employee

Dear Mr. Marleau,

You left our place yesterday morning and now you have not returned. Please come home to mommy and daddy. We want you to be inside with us while the crazy people are outside.

love,

your mom

Dear 2009,

You suck.

-from someone who is looking forward to 2010

Dear Chinese food,

Why do you taste so good yet you are so bad for me. I am glad I only enjoy you for 1-2x a year.

love,

me

Dear MIL,

Please know you are not #1 in your son's life. That is me. Deal with it.

-your loving DIL.

TTC since June 2009
    DX: MFI June 2010 & DOR Sept 2011
    Various forms of medicated cycles since June 2010
    IVF #1 tentatively scheduled for 2013
    Doing acupuncture and focus on weight loss in the meantime

S/PAIF welcome

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33c5hxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • Dear Pregnant Person I Know,

Could you please let the cat out of the bag soon because not being able to talk about this exciting news is driving me nuts!

Sincerely,

Me (And no, I'm not the pregnant person!)

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Dear coirker,

don't approve your employee's vacation during the busiest time for us...what were you thinking? I hope you'll be the one taking on her responsibilities because I WILL NOT be the one stuck with it.

- your frustrated coworker

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • Dear kitty,

I love you but damn, you are really out of control today and yesterday. The birds you see outside won't get you and you can't get them so please stop attacking the window! 

• image FormerlyGood:

Dear kitty,

I love you but damn, you are really out of control today and yesterday. The birds you see outside won't get you and you can't get them so please stop attacking the window! 

HA! I love when my cat does this. Has your cat tried to attack you yet - like when you walk past him? My cat hides behind a wall and jumps on me when I walk by him.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • image FormerlyGood:

Dear kitty,

HA! I love when my cat does this. Has your cat tried to attack you yet - like when you walk past him? My cat hides behind a wall and jumps on me when I walk by him.

• Dear Neighbors living above us,

I'm thrilled you got Rock Band for Christmas. Truly. Maybe even a little jealous. But you really actually suck as the bass. I mean that in the kindest of ways. You know how I can tell? Because the bass is so loud that it vibrates through your floor, our ceiling, and therefore drives me a little mroe bonkers with each guitar stroke. You also suck at singing. You know how I can tell? Because I can hear you shouting the lyrics to Bon Jovi even with the door closed and windows shut. And dancing? No your thing. Because I don't think stomping up and down on the floor, our ceiling, really can be considered "dancing". Clearly, your 2 year old son already knows this, because he's crying. Or maybe he's crying because it's really 10 o'clock on a Sunday night and little guy should be in bed. Here's a thought? Stick to soccer. No, wait, you must not be great at that either, because you find the need to practice in the house at random times. I know this because I can often hear the random "thud...thud..thud.thudthudthud" that a soccer ball does when it bounces on your floor, our ceiling.

I sincerely hop you get traded to the team you want, move out of your lovely home, and a nice quiet old couple moves in. We like nice quiet old couples.

Sincerely,

Your nice quiet young responsible neighbors.

Learning to start all over again... Blog
  • Dear Neighbors living above us,

I'm thrilled you got Rock Band for Christmas. Truly. Maybe even a little jealous. But you really actually suck as the bass. I mean that in the kindest of ways. You know how I can tell? Because the bass is so loud that it vibrates through your floor, our ceiling, and therefore drives me a little mroe bonkers with each guitar stroke. You also suck at singing. You know how I can tell? Because I can hear you shouting the lyrics to Bon Jovi even with the door closed and windows shut. And dancing? Not your thing. Because I don't think stomping up and down on the floor, our ceiling, really can be considered "dancing". Clearly, your 2 year old son already knows this, because he's crying. Or maybe he's crying because it's really 10 o'clock on a Sunday night and little guy should be in bed. Here's a thought? Stick to soccer. No, wait, you must not be great at that either, because you find the need to practice in the house at random times. I know this because I can often hear the random "thud...thud..thud.thudthudthud" that a soccer ball does when it bounces on your floor, our ceiling.

I sincerely hop you get traded to the team you want, move out of your lovely home, and a nice quiet old couple moves in. We like nice quiet old couples.

Sincerely,

Your nice quiet young responsible neighbors.

Learning to start all over again... Blog
  • Dear DH and Dogs,

I would appreciate it you three did not keep me up all night weather it be with watching a movie or being restless then expect me to be up bright an earlier to let you out to pee.  

Sincerely,

The women who does everything for you!

TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 7/08
    7 cycles of Clomid, 2 SA's, 1 HSG
    BFP 8/09! M/C 10/09
    Back on the TTC Roller Coaster since 2/10
    Metformin and TI is current TTC plan
    BFP 2/21/11!!!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/29ypa54.jpg[/IMG]

The Super Secret Blog (at least from MIL)
  • Dear sister,

Why can't you get your sh** together? Why do you constantly feel the need to drag your family down with you? Why do you do nothing but disappoint our parents and spring your **news** on them at the worst possible time? Was it necessary to ruin my college graduation, more holidays than I can count, skip my wedding and now ruin New Years Eve? Why can't you just go away?

-Your hateful sister who hates herself for hating you

• Dear boss at work who's filling in for regular boss who's on vacation,

You're a nice but annoying guy, and you are not very good at your job, I'm sorry to say. You drive us all insane. Every time regular boss goes on vacation, the entire office lets out a collective groan of dread at what the impending few days will be like. You are part of the reason I decided last minute to take today off (and boy am I excited about it). Please try to be less annoying and bad at your job, or follow through on what you said the other day about moving out of California.

Sincerely,

Your frustrated employee

Dear lemon tree in our front yard,

I love you more than is probably healthy for a human to love a tree. You give us amazing fruit all year round, and I'm very grateful for that. However, why is it that you have such spikey, ouchy thorns?! Everytime I go to pick lemons, my hands come out scratched up and bleeding. Your antics may require me to get a pair of gloves just for picking lemons... 

Sincerely,

Your wounded owner

• Dear Auntie T,

I truely hope you enjoyed your Christmas with your family that you never ever spend time with or have ever talked about because they live in Utah. You know your family that you actually live near but never bother to see would like to have at least got together to exchange gifts with you. Oh but wait, it was better that you didn't. Since you think that since I am married I mean nothing to our family anymore. I don't care that you didn't bother to get me a gift, its the fact that you made it very clear that you never intend to give me anything ever again because I am married. Thanks to you I cryed for 2 hours on my first Christmas married to my wonderful husband!  I contributed to every gift for your whole family including your step grandchildren, whoms gifts I made by hand and it took me HOURS!!!!! 

Love, Your ONLY Niece that you made feel like chopped liver!

7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • Dear Mom,

Why did you feel the need to get me a video camera for my computer so we can skype? We live 45 minutes away from each other, I talk to you at least every other week. I see you at least once a month. Really? Really? That is all.

Love,

Your loving but baffled daughter

Dear Students,

Can you please shut up? Please? Just stop talking so I can teach you. Please sit in your square, and do not touch the person next to you! Do not lie down, do not put your finger in someone elses square. Do not touch "W."  He will hit you. Do not put your hands in his square. He will hit you. Do not put your finger on the line separating his square BECAUSE HE WILL HIT YOU! Do not call each other poo poo, pee pee, stupid, dumb, or chicken head. Do not call someone a name and then be upset when they say they don't want to be your friend. Just sit there and let me read this damned story!

From,

Your Frustrated Teacher

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic My Boys! BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Dear Purell, Antibacterial soap, and Lysol...

I really dislike how I tried so hard to avoid getting sick this year by using all of you religiously (including being psychotic about washing my hands, wiping down everything I touch, and avoiding people I know when they are sick, as well as staying away from a lot of public places), yet you still managed to let me get infected worse than ever. Was making sure I got the stomach flu AND a chest cold at the same time (that has now turned into bronchitis) really necessary? Especially while im pregnant and can't take anything.

Thanks for nothing,

DandaLion

P.S. You SUCK

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Dear H,

I'm really glad you've been off for 2 weeks from school so we can spend more time together as a family, however - just because I stay home with our daughter while you go to work when you're not on break doesn't mean I get any more sleep than you do. You see me waking up the same time you do when you go to work? Thats right, and a lot of times I still get up before you to take care of our daughter. And just an FYI, because of this pregnancy its hard for me to get a good nights rest, I'm up tossing and turning and trying to find a comfortable position most of the night, not to mention all the times I have to get up and pee. So when you wake me up after I've finally fallen back asleep so that I can go get our daughter whose cries have already woken you up, just so YOU can go back to sleep an extra hour is a really shitty thing to do. You're home, you're awake, you take care of her. You can let me sleep in at least one of the days you're home on break - considering I let you sleep in every weekend - that means I never get a chance to sleep in. Ever. Thanks a lot.?

Your?incredibly?tired, cranky, ticked off wife. ?

• Dear Co-Irker,

Chew with your mouth shut. I can hear you chompin' from way over here. You are a discusting eater.

Thanks!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2uo5px1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Dear Wells Fargo,

I have take care to see that you have my correct address and phone number regarding my student loans. So why is it that you call my parent's house and tell my Dad that it is a private matter that you need to discuss with me? I mean you have the correct number to contact me please do so.

Thanks.

7/75
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/33wa5xg.jpg[/IMG]
  • Dear  friends,

We have children, not the plague. Please understand that we do still have the desire to have a social life. We know that sometimes it is hard for us to get a babysitter, but we appreciate the invitation. You know, we dont know to get a sitter if we never get invited to stuff anymore. And no, calling 1 hour before you want us to go out really doesnt work- especially when you know you are going out (& want us to come) for over a week. We are really starting to think that you arent really such great friends anyway...

Love, 

Your friends who would still hang out with you if you had kids

• Dear Nose,
    Please stop running. Thx.

Blessings,
    Starla

Dear Co-worker,
    Please stop burning bagels in the kitchen.

• image MrsAWZ:

Dear Pregnant Person I Know,

Could you please let the cat out of the bag soon because not being able to talk about this exciting news is driving me nuts!

Sincerely,

Me (And no, I'm not the pregnant person!)

Oh this has got to be killing you!  Can't wait to hear the news ;)

• Dear Mom and Dad,

I don't think you realize how much it hurts my feelings that you never accept and offer to spend time with DH and I.  I understand you love spending time with your grandchildren but it is difficult for me to understand why you cannot divide your time between us.  One of my resolutions is to unfortunately never invite you to do anything with us in the future.  This way my heart cannot hurt.

Your DD.

• image carmeng:
    image FormerlyGood:

Dear kitty,

Me too! 

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2uo5px1.jpg[/IMG]