Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone else watching Intervention?

This episode is especially frustrating for me. Homegirl has excuses for EVERYTHING. But most of all, how in the wide wide world of sports does she still have custody of her kid?! Where is her daughter when she's slamming back two bottles of blueberry ron rico?

Re: Anyone else watching Intervention?

• I missed that episode! That does seem weird that she has custody of her kid.  Is the child's father around at all? Did he or other family members express concern about the child's welfare?
  • DH and I said the same thing.  Some people can't even have kids, and here she is by the grace of god able to have a little one and that's how she acts.  Intervention usually makes me really mad.  I never felt sorry for her.  I think she had middle child syndrome and took it ridiculously too far.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did it say that she had custody of her child? I was wondering the same thing, but then DH pointed out that they didn't address that topic. Maybe we missed that though.

That was seriously a case of severe middle child syndrome.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think I heard her mention something about visiting her dad so I assumed that she was with her father.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • image tmm140:
    DH and I said the same thing.  Some people can't even have kids, and here she is by the grace of god able to have a little one and that's how she acts.  Intervention usually makes me really mad.  I never felt sorry for her.  I think she had middle child syndrome and took it ridiculously too far.

We said exactly the same thing.  

The middle child thing was just one (albeit far-fetched) excuse among many for why her life sucks.  I had no sympathy for her either.  She did it all to herself. 

I don't remember her saying anything about the dad, just that she's in jeopardy of losing her kid.  Meaning she still has her currently.  

• She just sucked and was annoying.  I didn't feel sorry for her at all.  She was such an attention whore - it was frustrating and seemed all for show.  Yeah, where was her daughter during all of this.  I have a feeling the father of the child probably had custody.  Her roommate was a joke too. 
  • Her roommate's panicked face when Candy asked her during the pre-intervention if she was ready to get sober was pretty hilarious.  You could tell in her head she was all, "Wait... Huh?  Me?  Isn't this for her?!  Nooooo!"  Then she said out loud, "Um, sure.  I mean, whatever... it's nothing."
  • I was kind of pissed that Candy called out the younger sister in the pre-intervention and lectured her about "not being angry" at her sister. I felt so badly for her (the little sis). She obviously tried to help her in the beginning, but after years of watching her self-destruct, I would be angry too!

I guess I am just partial to Jeff VanVonderen. DH and I love him Smile

• image elizabethspearl:

DH does the best Jeff impression.  "We'd just like to talk to ya.  This is just a buncha people who just love ya like crazy..."

• image elizabethspearl:

I was kind of pissed that Candy called out the younger sister in the pre-intervention and lectured her about "not being angry" at her sister. I felt so badly for her (the little sis). She obviously tried to help her in the beginning, but after years of watching her self-destruct, I would be angry too!

THIS!  DH and I stopped watching when he relapsed and went away for a bit.  I am so glad he is back in the swing of things and they are giving him more shows.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image katelaff:
    image elizabethspearl:

DH does the best Jeff impression.  "We'd just like to talk to ya.  This is just a buncha people who just love ya like crazy..."

lol... I saw a t-shirt that said this!

image Me Squeshia.
  • image squeshia22:

OMG that's hysterical! Thank you for making me laugh this morning.